In vehicle training

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Just had a scary experience on the way home from a deal with a fellow member.

Young hot head stops me with a pistol for honking at him after he cut me off.

After getting home I realized I was unprepared for that type of engagement. I had not put my car in park nor removed my seat belt. Looking back, I was a fish in a barrel.

So I would like to get some sort of in vehicle training. With all the idiots and gangsters around here, I feel this has become a necessity.

Who offers such training around the New Orleans or north shore area?

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I spoke with the guy @ bearco he said MCTA is one of the ranges they use to do in vehicle training.

If any of bearco’s students on here want to get in on some in vehicle training please contact him so we can make a full range day training session.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Not sure if you are willing to make like a goldfish and let people analyze your every move/decision during and leading up to the encounter, but I would be interested to learn from it. I know we have some smart people on here (others that think they are smart), but I imagine an interesting maybe even fruitful discussion could be gained.

By the way people are crazy as hell these days, glad you didn’t get hurt (sorry that was an assumption). Hopefully you didn’t.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Just had a scary experience on the way home from a deal with a fellow member.

Young hot head stops me with a pistol for honking at him after he cut me off.

After getting home I realized I was unprepared for that type of engagement. I had not put my car in park nor removed my seat belt. Looking back, I was a fish in a barrel.

So I would like to get some sort of in vehicle training. With all the idiots and gangsters around here, I feel this has become a necessity.

Who offers such training around the New Orleans or north shore area?

There has to be more to this story?

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Kinda a lot to put into text.

A car was behind me at a red light (long line of traffic), when traffic started to move the car jumped into the lane next to me then as the light changed back to red he cut back into my lane almost hitting me. Of course I honk at this idiotic move. Just a quick honk. The light turns green and we all get moving along. I was keeping 3-4 car lengths between us. 1/4 mile or so down the road a line of traffic starts as a vehicle was waiting to turn left at an intersection. I get within 2 car lengths of him as traffic start to move again. Then as we come up to the intersection he brake checks me then suddenly turns right without a blinker. I honk again, again just a quick boop. He gets enraged by this and whips a u turn in the intersection to get back in behind me almost hitting the vehicle behind me. Then tries to overtake the vehicle between us on the left almost causing a head on collision. After darting back in his lane he then jumps onto the shoulder and overtakes me on my right. Then slams the brakes to bring us and all the traffic to a halt. The car behind me goes to pass us on the left as the guy in front of me brandished a pistol. The driver behind me yells at him as he passes. Must have seen the pistol because he stops in front of the guy with the gun and blocks him from going anywhere. At this point the irate drive that stopped me gets out his car with the pistol in his hand half in his pocket. As soon as I saw the gun I grabbed mine and had it at the ready. When he stepped out I drew on him and demanded that he get back into his vehicle. He was shouting something incoherent at me as I repeatedly yelled *im armed and will shoot you, get back in your car!* At this point he gets back in his car. While he was getting it back into drive I snapped a pic of his car/plate. And called 911. That’s where it ends.

However sitting in my car still buckled in and foot on the brake I realized I was in a bad spot and didn’t have any training in the situation.

I’m glad he didn’t raise his gun! I don’t know how well I would have been able to make a clean shot from my position.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    NOPE!

I’ve spoken with SPD, STPSO, and LSP so far nothing. And what I find odd is I was unable to file a written report. The sheriffs office told me there is no need.

He was in violation of RS 40:1380
    Negligent carrying of a handgun.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    He was in violation of RS 40:1380
    Negligent carrying of a handgun.

Not trying to profile here, but by they way he acted, reacted, dressed, his age, etc I don’t think he was in legal possession of that handgun.

And aside from that, just the act of brandishing the firearm should be enough to put him in jail.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Offer up a box of donuts? Bet that gets a report written up...or not,You may just be out of some donuts?

Grease the wheels of justice with deep-fried dough and sugar.:mamoru:

I’m no LEO but you bring me food and a good description and I’ll be on the look out. :D

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Damn glad you didn't get shot. We were in Slidell Monday the rain was so hard it would have knocked the gun out of his hand

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Damn xobelkcat next time we will meet up in a better area to make a deal!

Sorry to hear about this glad you are safe. Just another reminder for me to be vigilant while driving around the 504.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Damn xobelkcat next time we will meet up in a better area to make a deal!

Sorry to hear about this glad you are safe. Just another reminder for me to be vigilant while driving around the 504.

Sad fact is, this happened in Slidell just a few miles from home.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom