Hambuger Meat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Ok they had premade patties.
    Sirloin 85/15 and Angus 80/20 both 1/3 pound same amount in each package.
    The Sirloin was buck more both had 18 patties.
    What would taste better? The s cost diff is minimal so that does not come into play.
    I grabbed one pack and had one of the other so will cook some of each and think there will bed no one who can tell.
    Thoughts

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    80/20 without a doubt will make better burgers.... Reheats better by far.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I plan on making epic burgers later on in the week. Bought some dry aged wagyu ground meat. One from japan and another *wagyu* from an American farm. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Had the A5 ribeye for dinner today.

kUvxItf.jpg

But typically I like 80/20 burgers at home, I go leaner at my dads restaurant to reduce smoke in the kitchen.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I plan on making epic burgers later on in the week. Bought some dry aged wagyu ground meat. One from japan and another *wagyu* from an American farm. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Had the A5 ribeye for dinner today.

kUvxItf.jpg

But typically I like 80/20 burgers at home, I go leaner at my dads restaurant to reduce smoke in the kitchen.

I am just a poor guy here lol
    The 18 count were 18 buck's for 18 1/3rd pounders and 19 for the 85/15s
    I ended up making a,Roux with some onions and garlic and my own Cajun spice mix. Got um hot on stove top in ,large Dutch Oven. Then baked um and served over mashed taters.
    Dirt Cheap meal but oh so good.
    I an gonna cook a few of each and see if there is any diff. Between Angus and Sirloin
    Kinda wondered if anyone had an opinion.
    I know them cheap boxes of ground whatever they sell at Sam's do not have any flavor at all just cooked.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I buy the LONG roll of ground meat at sam's (it's in a clear roll) when I have a party. Since it's cylindrical, its super easy to make burgers, I cut them about 1 inch thick and each roll makes 30+ burgers. They season well, and shrink just enough that it fits a nice kaiser roll perfectly.

I've tried the frozen box of patties, they are ok in a pinch, but people definitely give better feed back on fresher meat. When I'm just cooking for my very small family (3 of us, the 3rd being 3 years old). I buy the ground meat that's pre packaged in squares (I think 2 lbs). And I'll hand form the patties (did that last week, burgers were delicious).

Only reason I bought the wagyu ground meat is I was talking to a dentist, and we were talking about Japan, we got to A5, and mentioned he had a wagyu burger at some restaurant locally and it was AMAZING. I never thought of that, since the meat is so expensive, but after searching online, ground wagyu is actually reasonable (10-12 bucks/lb vs 100-150+/lb for a5 wagyu). So I treated myself for father's day, and ordered some. The plan is buttered buns, fired egg, bacon, and burger cooked on a skillet (so I don't loose the fat/juices as much).

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I buy the clear rolls at Sam's as well. They have them in both types as well. The 85/15 goes fast but they always have the 80/20
    I use it for dirty rice and Shepards Pie and such.
    The 85 percent looks to have a lot less than the 80 as in n they are not telli my the truth about it. It is also way redder.
    And has way less geese when you cooking down before adding to the dish.
    It is bargain no matter what one ya get.
    Regular store stuff has tons of fat and of grilled w I'll set a put on fire.
    Maybe this should have been posted in cooking lol
    I will get one of the lazy mods to move it lol

Top Bottom