Home Generators

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    So how did everyone's generators work for the storm? Been thinking about a Generac 22kw or Kohler 20kw.

7 hrs on the 15hp Briggs last night,Fuel is nat.gas so no humping cans for me.

Did just fine,I however do not attempt to run the central unit simple because I have 2 8000 window units.

Now my stove,dryer,and hot water heater are gas,So the load was manageable.

Naturally the freezer and frig are 120,Temperature inside is 69 degrees.

If your total electric then you will need a larger unit.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I went to State Oil, in Belle Chase, and stocked up on Premium No-Ethanol Gasoline. Treated it with copious amounts of both Chemtool B-12, and Start-Tron enzyme fuel treatment.

This ensured that we would never loose power.

It worked.

jneubig

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Houma
    We lost power at 2:20 am Saturday morning. My 17KW Generac kicked on about 10 seconds later and ran until 10 am Sunday morning. Sure was nice to be business as usual in the house. I installed it shortly after Gustave back in 2008 and it has seen about 45 days of use since for various weather events and just general outages. When I did the install, it was in the $4500 range with the transfer switch and permits. I also had to have NG run to the house and that was roughly $375.00. We were total electric until that point. NG was across the street, but I have really had a reason to get it before the genny.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I went to State Oil, in Belle Chase, and stocked up on Premium No-Ethanol Gasoline. Treated it with copious amounts of both Chemtool B-12, and Start-Tron enzyme fuel treatment.

This ensured that we would never loose power.

It worked.

In the future , don't waste your money on Premium grade gas unless the manufacturer specifically calls for it .

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    We lost power at 2:20 am Saturday morning. My 17KW Generac kicked on about 10 seconds later and ran until 10 am Sunday morning. Sure was nice to be business as usual in the house. I installed it shortly after Gustave back in 2008 and it has seen about 45 days of use since for various weather events and just general outages. When I did the install, it was in the $4500 range with the transfer switch and permits. I also had to have NG run to the house and that was roughly $375.00. We were total electric until that point. NG was across the street, but I have really had a reason to get it before the genny.

We lost power on Thursday for about 5 hours and my 16kw generac kicked right in. I was out on a job and it was great to not git a call from the wife complaining about the heat. That alone is worth the cost.

Top Bottom