Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    I beg to differ sir please reread your first quote to me.

Again Iím not trying to be an ass sometimes itís reflex. I gave you two situations that I have dealt with. If you knew how most states and jurisdictions handle occupational licenses (thatís not a dig I assume you have no need to read the tax law on this in dozens of places like I have to do) you would know the second situation was beyond the pale and was a small town government agency attempting to fleece anyone and everyone willing to play by their rules. The first situation is a common practice used by thousands of companies across the country. Neither are cheating. Itís not economically feasible to play strictly by each and every entityís rules.
    I did not say that you or your company are a thief, I stated that I am not a thief! By the way, it was not Westley Snipes but Robert Blake from the tv show of Baretta that made the statement of "dont do the crime if you can not do the time"!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by astronut View Post
    With all due respect, apparently you dont know of an aunt of mine that spent 90 days in the parish lockup for not paying her parish taxes. Apparently she got way too many nice letters and she still refused to pay up on the taxes. She is deceased now but she sure spent those 90 days there. My Mom would go to visit her on visitation days and bring her needed things that the parish did not provide to her.
    I could tell you stories from my public accounting days. I dealt with people who owe for payroll taxes from many years gone by, and they would do just enough to keep the IRS out of their bank accounts. Honestly I would have loved to have done something unethical to help the IRS collect, but I like to eat. I have no idea about you deceased aunts case and I won’t make any assumptions but I will say that is highly irregular.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; June 26th, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I did not say that you or your company are a thief, I stated that I am not a thief! By the way, it was not Westley Snipes but Robert Blake from the tv show of Baretta that made the statement of "dont do the crime if you can not do the time"!
    Wesley Snipes did time on tax evasion. I hadn’t even considered the quote, but you have a better memory than I do because I knew it but it’s been repeated so much I’m clueless.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; June 26th, 2019 at 03:29 PM.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Wesley Snipes did time on tax evasion. I hadn’t even considered the quote, but you have a better memory than I do because I knew it but it’s been repeated so much I’m clueless.
    He was also charged with carrying a firearm on a Motorbike no permit he had a bad run of luck back then.
    I knew that was what ya meant.
    Robert Blake was from the show when he was a cop. It is what he said when he busted them crooks. Later they thought he shot his X Wife in 2001? but like OJ paid in civil court later

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    He was also charged with carrying a firearm on a Motorbike no permit he had a bad run of luck back then.
    I knew that was what ya meant.
    Robert Blake was from the show when he was a cop. It is what he said when he busted them crooks. Later they thought he shot his X Wife in 2001? but like OJ paid in civil court later
    Seems to me it’s bad for a women’s health to marry a famous person.

Banned

User Info Menu

I may be wrong but, in my opinion, both OJ and Robert Blake were both guilty of the crimes they were charged with.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

I may be wrong but, in my opinion, both OJ and Robert Blake were both guilty of the crimes they were charged with.
    As well as Wesley Snipes a normal person would have had to pay for whatever Johnny on The Spot. Just like the Tax Owed that the OP asked about.
    Last edited by 340six; June 26th, 2019 at 05:01 PM.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRServices View Post
    Anyone purchased their tractor out of state to avoid sales tax? I'm not a real farmer so farm equipment exemption won't apply unless I become a farmer. It will be financed. I understand you are supposed to pay it on your income taxes but just wondering if most don't worry about it.
    Bruh, Call Oakdale Motors in Oakdale La.....No-one can beat their prices in the state on Kubota tractors....Pay the tax...and every cash job you do...Well I know nothing!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Bruh, Call Oakdale Motors in Oakdale La.....No-one can beat their prices in the state on Kubota tractors....Pay the tax...and every cash job you do...Well I know nothing!
    Funny you mention that. A common trend for people with fairly high W2 income, is they buy a tractor, or lawnmower, cattle, etc., start a ‘side business’ and some how manage to loose money every year.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Funny you mention that. A common trend for people with fairly high W2 income, is they buy a tractor, or lawnmower, cattle, etc., start a ‘side business’ and some how manage to loose money every year.
    Hey,Its their rules,Sometimes it pays to play em'
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.