Join BayouShooter For Free
Cajun Ammo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oldie

User Info Menu

You are very kind, thanks for the invite, but I have a real problem. If I shoot a firearm, I usually want it a lot-- even if it might not the best, so I will have to be satisfied with your report.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." T. Roosevelt

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone1970 View Post
    You are very kind, thanks for the invite, but I have a real problem. If I shoot a firearm, I usually want it a lot-- even if it might not the best, so I will have to be satisfied with your report.
    Just shot it at the local range and at 7 yards with wolf ammo it groups about as well as my p10c (shooter is the limiter lol) but it does have a bit of a bite to the web if my hand made it sting a bit... But in about 75 rounds it had two failure to go into battery

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    Motorcycles and guns, how fun....

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yep, whoever designed the 1911. Too heavy, rust, grip angle all wrong, only likes to eat premium ammo, and way overpriced. On top of that it has to be the ugliest gun ever made.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

The first three or four times I reassembled my Ruger MKII , before I learned the tricks , I had a few choice words for Bill Ruger . Never had a problem with the MKI Target but the MKII was another story...got it figgured out now .

The 1911 is delight...it's like a pretty woman , you have to treat them right .
    My AMT Hardballer , 1911 clone , doesn't rust...all stainless steel even the magazines !
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; June 29th, 2019 at 10:59 AM.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    The first three or four times I reassembled my Ruger MKII , before I learned the tricks , I had a few choice words for Bill Ruger . Never had a problem with the MKI Target but the MKII was another story...got it figgured out now .

The 1911 is delight...it's like a pretty woman , you have to treat them right .
    My AMT Hardballer , 1911 clone , doesn't rust...all stainless steel even the magazines !
    Gary
    My favorite to pull apart is my Luger... Just so many parts that all make sense where they go and what they do... It's a Marvel...Then there is my CZs... We don't speak of pulling apart the trigger mechanism on those...

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

Only 2 failures in 75 rounds. You have a good example. I had fun taking my r51 apart. I doubt I will shoot it again but I will keep it as I really do like weird gun designs. It ticks a few boxes in that regard.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdindadell View Post
    Only 2 failures in 75 rounds. You have a good example. I had fun taking my r51 apart. I doubt I will shoot it again but I will keep it as I really do like weird gun designs. It ticks a few boxes in that regard.
    How bad was yours? Probably going to do another range trip this time to MCTA tommorow or Monday and take it out one more time.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I'll probably keep it for the neat factor or trade fodder.. Never know when someone has something that I want and will only trade... The R51 is no smaller (or larger) than my P365 but does have the fact that it is all metal going for it...

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

To be honest I cant remember if it was really bad but it was not 100 percent. Honestly, I bought it cause I doubted that I would ever bother to shell out the cash for an original 51.

It is cool and it is all metal. It has absolutely zero indication of trigger reset. Like nothing at all. Like the trigger linkage broke or something like that. And it can strangely hang up with the slide halfway back so a press check can end up in a full cycle, which is undesirable for obvious reasons.

Build quality seems very good. Design wise... well it's no glock that's for sure! It has a similar feel to the hk p7. Like it came from a time when double stack nines were not quite as accepted as they came to be. Its nostalgic in a newly made way, if that make sense. No chance in hell I would carry it over a g26 or a g43, or even the pps.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

I took mine apart yesterday and it really was not that bad. Just have to make sure the locking piece is in the right place and you really have to put it together upside down (the gun, not you!)

I see you have it up for sale, I guess my example needs a friend?

HAHAHAHA