Need help with a front sight to go with mrds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    So I have a g34 with a burris fastfire 3 on the new strike industries scorpion rds mount.

The scorpion is a plate style mount that interfaces with the rear sight dovetail and the rear slide cover. I went with it as it offers a charging handle. I dont plan to carry this in a holster.

The fastfire 3 has a rear vertical line that can act as a back up rear sight of sorts. What I want to do is find a front sight with a white dot that is tall enough to be visible through the fastfire. Basically looking to "dot" the "I". Going for a 12 o'clock hold where the dot is under the target. The concept here is that the "iron sights" will provide a lower 1/3 co witness in the manner of an ar15.

So where can I find a tall front sight that might work? I can provide a measurement of the rear height if that would help. Not sure ifa suppressor height sight will be tall enough. I can mod a too tall sight and add a white dot if needed.

Thanks !!

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Great guys, and thanks for the link.

Now, how should I go about picking the correct height?

I can measure the height of the rear sight that is built in to the fast fire, and measure the stock glock rear sight to the bottom of the U.

Find the difference and then add that to the measurement of a stock glock front sight.

Sound about right?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Great guys, and thanks for the link.

Now, how should I go about picking the correct height?

I can measure the height of the rear sight that is built in to the fast fire, and measure the stock glock rear sight to the bottom of the U.

Find the difference and then add that to the measurement of a stock glock front sight.

Sound about right?

Take the height difference between the built in rear sight and the OEM rear sight and add the difference to the current OEM front sight minus .010
    All measurements from top of slide and not the bottom of the OEM rear sight which is normally in the slide. Any questions send Dawson a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom