Training in the Baton Rouge, LA area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Having just gone through the process, I can tell you that paper was the way to go.

The online system is very kludgy. It wasn't easy for me to figure out where I was in the workflow, and trying to add attachments (for me it was a divorce decree) just didn't work.

I printed my application and went to SHP headquarters in Baton Rouge to be fingerprinted, and I had my CHP permit in hand in about a week.

Mike

Thanks for that info. What was the issue with the divorce decree? Was it giving an errror or something?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    On Sunday November 10th, 2019, well be hosting our Advanced Concealed Carry class. The class provides more training for people who carry a concealed weapon every day, be it for work or protection. This class includes "use of force" examples, case studies, drawing from concealment, malfunction drills, and more firearms training.

Class begins at 08:00am, and ends at approximately 4:30pm. Tuition is $200.00, and students will need a reliable weapon, a reliable concealed carry holster, 300 rounds of ammo, ear protection and eye protection.

NOTE, prior to attending this class, shooters should have a basic understanding of marksmanship and weapon manipulation. This class is more stressful than a basic class, and will force the shooter in awkward shooting positions, force the shooter to preform under time constraints, and force the shooter to engage in physical activities. ANY student that is unable to participate in the aforementioned activities should not register for the class. Due to the required physical activities, (Movement drills // Running // Positional Shooting) shooters should come dressed appropriately and prepared for physical training. Prior to registering for this class, the shooter should ensure he or she is in top physical shape and the equipment being utilized functions properly. If a shooter experiences equipment or weapon malfunctions during the class, we have loaner items available, but the class can not stop to cater to repeated problems encountered by fault equipment.

If you are interested, send us a message, or register on the website at www.weimerweaponry.com

Thanks

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks for that info. What was the issue with the divorce decree? Was it giving an errror or something?

Yes. I scanned it as a PDF (200 dpi in grayscale to keep the size down -- I think it was around 200K or so), and I tried to upload it several times. The website kept puking.

I'm all for online tools ... as long as they work.

Mike

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Once brass lands inside of the shirt that is tucked in, it has nowhere to go except next to your skin. Most people aren't used to that, which typically causes unsafe movements on a firing line. Just telling you what I've seen.

Thanks
    Weimer Weaponry

I hear ya, I just deal with it. Brass dropping behind the shooting glasses is a monster though

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    As long as you are able to safely change shooting positions (Standing sitting squatting kneeling prone) without assistance, handle running short distances, and stand for extended periods of time while wearing your equipment, you should be ok.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    As long as you are able to safely change shooting positions (Standing sitting squatting kneeling prone) without assistance, handle running short distances, and stand for extended periods of time while wearing your equipment, you should be ok.

I'd hardly call that top physical shape. That I can handle... :)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

How often do people actually have trouble with this, just curious.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    A lot. Its better to have people come over prepared than underprepared. I don't have to explain the importance of positional shooting, and the ability to quickly change to positions in order to deliver a shot. Part of the courses we offer all require specific qualifications. If you can not meet the shooting standards due to physical fitness issues, that's obviously a problem. Nobody wants to attend a course to try to learn, only to be overwhelmed and not graduate.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    On Sunday December 1st, 2019, well be hosting our Advanced Concealed Carry class. The class provides more training for people who carry a concealed weapon every day. This class includes "use of force" examples, case studies, drawing from concealment, malfunction drills, and more firearms training.

Class begins at 08:00am, and ends at approximately 4:30pm. Tuition is $200.00, and students will need a reliable weapon, a reliable concealed carry holster, 300 rounds of ammo, ear protection and eye protection.

NOTE, prior to attending this class, shooters should have a basic understanding of marksmanship and weapon manipulation. This class is more stressful than a basic class, and will force the shooter in awkward shooting positions, force the shooter to preform under time constraints, and force the shooter to engage in physical activities. ANY student that is unable to participate in the aforementioned activities should not register for the class. Due to the required physical activities, (Movement drills // Running // Positional Shooting) shooters should come dressed appropriately and prepared for physical training. Prior to registering for this class, the shooter should ensure he or she is in top physical shape and the equipment being utilized functions properly. If a shooter experiences equipment or weapon malfunctions during the class, we have loaner items available, but the class can not stop to cater to repeated problems encountered by faulty equipment.

If you are interested, send us a message, or register on the website at www.weimerweaponry.com

Thanks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Due to the weather and student availability, the last Advanced CCW class had to be postponed. I will set a date toward the end of March (after hunting season) to teach the next class. We limit the class to 5 students (two instructors per class) due to the amount of shooting, and topics that are to be covered. Class begins at 08:00am, and ends at approximately 4:30pm. Tuition is $200.00, and students will need a reliable weapon, a reliable concealed carry holster, 300 rounds of ammo, ear protection and eye protection.

Thank you again

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Due to the weather and student availability, the last Advanced CCW class had to be postponed. I will set a date toward the end of March (after hunting season) to teach the next class. We limit the class to 5 students (two instructors per class) due to the amount of shooting, and topics that are to be covered. Class begins at 08:00am, and ends at approximately 4:30pm. Tuition is $200.00, and students will need a reliable weapon, a reliable concealed carry holster, 300 rounds of ammo, ear protection and eye protection.

Thank you again

The next advanced concealed carry class is set for Saturday, March 7th. If you are interested please contact us.

Thanks
    WW

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom