Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Training in the Baton Rouge, LA area

Been a member since 2009, but never posted much. Recently, myself and a few co-workers began providing firearms training to the public. All of us are current law enforcement and on SWAT. We are using a private range in East Feliciana parish. Currently, were offering CCW classes, as well as basic and advanced handgun, basic and advanced rifle, and an advanced concealed carry class. The range extends out to 300 yards.

Over the years of teaching, we have noticed many people are disappointed with basic classes. People want more "hands on" practice, and typically get bored with lecture. We have put together several classes based on our experiences, previous students' demands, and deficiencies we've noticed from other classes we have attended.

If anyone is interested, please check out the website and contact me with any questions. https://weimerweaponry.com/

Thanks

Moving forward

User Info Menu

Wish you guys well with the training. It’s good to see new faces in the game and it gives folks options.

The prices on the website are very reasonable and should help drive in new business.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

The website could have more details on the shooting positions/drills included in the handgun classes.
    Good luck with your business.

User Info Menu

We will be hosting our Advanced Concealed Carry training class August 24th (Saturday) from 0800 till approximately 1630. Topics will include, drawing from concealment, movement drills, positional shooting, malfunctions, and other firearms drills. This is for current CCW holders, military or law enforcement.

Tuition is $200, and a student will need the following:

Firearm
    Quality Holster
    300 Rounds of Ammunition
    Range Appropriate Attire
    Ear Protection
    Eye Protection

If you are interested, message us here or check out the website of you would like to register for the class at www.weimerweaponry.com

Thanks
    Thomas Weimer

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I will vouch for Weimer Weaponry's classes ... I attended his CCW class yesterday, and he's a top-notch teacher. Explanations were thorough and "real life," and he clearly loves what he does.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

User Info Menu

We will be hosting our Basic Rifle training class September 15th (Sunday) from 0800 till approximately 1630. Topics will include, zeroing, shooting positions, and shooting from 50 to 300 yards. This class is taught around the AR-15 platform, but other rifles are allowed. Tuition is $100, and a student will need the following:

Firearm
    200 Rounds of Ammunition
    Range Appropriate Attire
    Ear Protection
    Eye Protection

If you are interested, message us here or check out the website of you would like to register for the class at www.weimerweaponry.com

Thanks

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Looks interesting. Let me know when the next basic pistol course and the advanced ccw class is...

(btw, made me laugh- pants optional? glad you support the nudist shooting community! )
    "Be water, my friend..."

User Info Menu

You would be surprised what some people arrive in, or the lack of what they arrive in. I may or may not have seen hot brass on land on feet in flip flops while the shooter is firing. Shorts, shirts that are tucked in, spaghetti straps, and low cut shirts aren't really conducive to firearms training. Also, don't put your Peltor Mic too close too your face, because it traps .223 brass against your face perfectly. Ask me how I know.

I will continue to post dates for classes a few weeks out for each one. Thanks again for your interest. And if you really want to laugh, go check out the website. Instructor is very ugly.

Thanks
    Weimer Weaponry

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasglock435 View Post
    You would be surprised what some people arrive in, or the lack of what they arrive in. I may or may not have seen hot brass on land on feet in flip flops while the shooter is firing. Shorts, shirts that are tucked in, spaghetti straps, and low cut shirts aren't really conducive to firearms training. Also, don't put your Peltor Mic too close too your face, because it traps .223 brass against your face perfectly. Ask me how I know.

I will continue to post dates for classes a few weeks out for each one. Thanks again for your interest. And if you really want to laugh, go check out the website. Instructor is very ugly.

Thanks
    Weimer Weaponry
    I mean I guess that brings new light to the idea of training how you would normally carry, LOL!

Whenever I take classes, I am usually the least 'tacticool' out of everyone there as I only carry IWB and don't wear 5.11 clothing or anything like that. But I also don't carry a gun while wearing flipflops as I only wear flipflops at the pool
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

On Target

User Info Menu

Curious to hear after action reports from the advanced handgun and basic rifle classes