Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    Having just gone through the process, I can tell you that paper was the way to go.

The online system is very kludgy. It wasn't easy for me to figure out where I was in the workflow, and trying to add attachments (for me it was a divorce decree) just didn't work.

I printed my application and went to SHP headquarters in Baton Rouge to be fingerprinted, and I had my CHP permit in hand in about a week.

Mike
    Thanks for that info. What was the issue with the divorce decree? Was it giving an errror or something?

User Info Menu

The error was the system would not allow people to proceed without uploading a file, even if nothing changed.

User Info Menu

On Sunday November 10th, 2019, well be hosting our Advanced Concealed Carry class. The class provides more training for people who carry a concealed weapon every day, be it for work or protection. This class includes "use of force" examples, case studies, drawing from concealment, malfunction drills, and more firearms training.

Class begins at 08:00am, and ends at approximately 4:30pm. Tuition is $200.00, and students will need a reliable weapon, a reliable concealed carry holster, 300 rounds of ammo, ear protection and eye protection.

NOTE, prior to attending this class, shooters should have a basic understanding of marksmanship and weapon manipulation. This class is more stressful than a basic class, and will force the shooter in awkward shooting positions, force the shooter to preform under time constraints, and force the shooter to engage in physical activities. ANY student that is unable to participate in the aforementioned activities should not register for the class. Due to the required physical activities, (Movement drills // Running // Positional Shooting) shooters should come dressed appropriately and prepared for physical training. Prior to registering for this class, the shooter should ensure he or she is in top physical shape and the equipment being utilized functions properly. If a shooter experiences equipment or weapon malfunctions during the class, we have loaner items available, but the class can not stop to cater to repeated problems encountered by fault equipment.

If you are interested, send us a message, or register on the website at www.weimerweaponry.com

Thanks

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by geoney View Post
    Thanks for that info. What was the issue with the divorce decree? Was it giving an errror or something?
    Yes. I scanned it as a PDF (200 dpi in grayscale to keep the size down -- I think it was around 200K or so), and I tried to upload it several times. The website kept puking.

I'm all for online tools ... as long as they work.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasglock435 View Post
    Once brass lands inside of the shirt that is tucked in, it has nowhere to go except next to your skin. Most people aren't used to that, which typically causes unsafe movements on a firing line. Just telling you what I've seen.

Thanks
    Weimer Weaponry
    I hear ya, I just deal with it. Brass dropping behind the shooting glasses is a monster though 😂

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    Yes. I scanned it as a PDF (200 dpi in grayscale to keep the size down -- I think it was around 200K or so), and I tried to upload it several times. The website kept puking.

I'm all for online tools ... as long as they work.

Mike
    State run website... LOL.. get it. Thanks.

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Can you define top physical shape? (I can run around the block without having a coronary, but I'm not a marathoner...).
    "Be water, my friend..."

User Info Menu

As long as you are able to safely change shooting positions (Standing sitting squatting kneeling prone) without assistance, handle running short distances, and stand for extended periods of time while wearing your equipment, you should be ok.

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

As long as you are able to safely change shooting positions (Standing sitting squatting kneeling prone) without assistance, handle running short distances, and stand for extended periods of time while wearing your equipment, you should be ok.
    I'd hardly call that top physical shape. That I can handle...
    "Be water, my friend..."

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

How often do people actually have trouble with this, just curious.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.