Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I know its short notice, but Saturday, September 14th , we are hosting our next CCW class.

This class fulfills the state requirement, and the papers will be notarized before you leave for the day. Class begins at 08:00am, and ends at approximately 4:30pm. Tuition is $100.00, and you will need your weapon, 50 rounds of ammo, ear protection and eye protection.

If you are interested, call, text, or send us a message to reserve your spot! Please be sure to share with your family and friends!
    Thanks

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasglock435 View Post
    You would be surprised what some people arrive in, or the lack of what they arrive in. I may or may not have seen hot brass on land on feet in flip flops while the shooter is firing. Shorts, shirts that are tucked in, spaghetti straps, and low cut shirts aren't really conducive to firearms training. Also, don't put your Peltor Mic too close too your face, because it traps .223 brass against your face perfectly. Ask me how I know.

I will continue to post dates for classes a few weeks out for each one. Thanks again for your interest. And if you really want to laugh, go check out the website. Instructor is very ugly.

Thanks
    Weimer Weaponry
    Id say probably 90% of the classes Ive been to, Ive gone in shorts and a tucked in shirt, never had an issue.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I know its short notice, but Saturday, September 14th , we are hosting our next CCW class.

This class fulfills the state requirement, and the papers will be notarized before you leave for the day. Class begins at 08:00am, and ends at approximately 4:30pm. Tuition is $100.00, and you will need your weapon, 50 rounds of ammo, ear protection and eye protection.

If you are interested, call, text, or send us a message to reserve your spot! Please be sure to share with your family and friends!
    Thanks
    Why are you guys notoraizing paperwork when the application is online and a paper app adds about 60-90 days to the process?

User Info Menu

Once brass lands inside of the shirt that is tucked in, it has nowhere to go except next to your skin. Most people aren't used to that, which typically causes unsafe movements on a firing line. Just telling you what I've seen.

Thanks
    Weimer Weaponry

User Info Menu

For first time applicants, I recommend a paper application and to be fingerprinted by LSP, which prevents issues. And for the 60-90 days, that is up for debate. I've had new CCW holders receive their permit in 14 days after leaving LSP.

Not a Fed.

User Info Menu

I take CHP classes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.

Marksman

User Info Menu

For first time applicants, I recommend a paper application and to be fingerprinted by LSP, which prevents issues. And for the 60-90 days, that is up for debate. I've had new CCW holders receive their permit in 14 days after leaving LSP.
    Why would you have them do a paper app, which increases chances of data entry error, forces them now to incur the additional expense / hassle of notary?

What are the "issues" you think it prevents versus an online application? Genuinely curious.

Most people who do it online and go to LSP for prints are getting it by the end of the week and some are walking out with it.

User Info Menu

An assortment of reasons. Regardless, I still explain both methods.

1. Some people still do not know how to use computers, or how to upload files.
    2. For first time applicants, I already recommend they get fingerprinted by LSP, so why would they not turn in their completed packet while on scene after getting printed? We all know LSP prefers their fingerprints.
    3. Have you ran into the divorce decree error on the online application?
    4. As for the notary, my wife (Attorney) is on scene and does it for free,

Marksman

User Info Menu

An assortment of reasons. Regardless, I still explain both methods.

1. Some people still do not know how to use computers, or how to upload files.
    2. For first time applicants, I already recommend they get fingerprinted by LSP, so why would they not turn in their completed packet while on scene after getting printed? We all know LSP prefers their fingerprints.
    3. Have you ran into the divorce decree error on the online application?
    4. As for the notary, my wife (Attorney) is on scene and does it for free,
    1. I mean.... really, and could the instructor not walk that one or two people through that?
    2. Because the benefits of the online outweigh the printed, and it is already in the system, when you show up to do your prints, doesn't have to be scanned, less chance of data errors. I agree 100% on the prints. I know they have started kicking back prints from instructors who have been doing them for years.
    3. No, can you explain a lil more about that?
    4. That's awesome that you have that available. I just see no upside to doing paper and several downsides.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by geoney View Post
    I just see no upside to doing paper and several downsides.
    Having just gone through the process, I can tell you that paper was the way to go.

The online system is very kludgy. It wasn't easy for me to figure out where I was in the workflow, and trying to add attachments (for me it was a divorce decree) just didn't work.

I printed my application and went to SHP headquarters in Baton Rouge to be fingerprinted, and I had my CHP permit in hand in about a week.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.