Training in the Baton Rouge, LA area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Been a member since 2009, but never posted much. Recently, myself and a few co-workers began providing firearms training to the public. All of us are current law enforcement and on SWAT. We are using a private range in East Feliciana parish. Currently, were offering CCW classes, as well as basic and advanced handgun, basic and advanced rifle, and an advanced concealed carry class. The range extends out to 300 yards.

Over the years of teaching, we have noticed many people are disappointed with basic classes. People want more "hands on" practice, and typically get bored with lecture. We have put together several classes based on our experiences, previous students' demands, and deficiencies we've noticed from other classes we have attended.

If anyone is interested, please check out the website and contact me with any questions. https://weimerweaponry.com/

Thanks

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Wish you guys well with the training. It’s good to see new faces in the game and it gives folks options.

The prices on the website are very reasonable and should help drive in new business.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The website could have more details on the shooting positions/drills included in the handgun classes.
    Good luck with your business.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    We will be hosting our Advanced Concealed Carry training class August 24th (Saturday) from 0800 till approximately 1630. Topics will include, drawing from concealment, movement drills, positional shooting, malfunctions, and other firearms drills. This is for current CCW holders, military or law enforcement.

Tuition is $200, and a student will need the following:

Firearm
    Quality Holster
    300 Rounds of Ammunition
    Range Appropriate Attire
    Ear Protection
    Eye Protection

If you are interested, message us here or check out the website of you would like to register for the class at www.weimerweaponry.com

Thanks
    Thomas Weimer

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I will vouch for Weimer Weaponry's classes ... I attended his CCW class yesterday, and he's a top-notch teacher. Explanations were thorough and "real life," and he clearly loves what he does.

Mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    We will be hosting our Basic Rifle training class September 15th (Sunday) from 0800 till approximately 1630. Topics will include, zeroing, shooting positions, and shooting from 50 to 300 yards. This class is taught around the AR-15 platform, but other rifles are allowed. Tuition is $100, and a student will need the following:

Firearm
    200 Rounds of Ammunition
    Range Appropriate Attire
    Ear Protection
    Eye Protection

If you are interested, message us here or check out the website of you would like to register for the class at www.weimerweaponry.com

Thanks

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Looks interesting. Let me know when the next basic pistol course and the advanced ccw class is...

(btw, made me laugh- pants optional? glad you support the nudist shooting community! :) )

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    You would be surprised what some people arrive in, or the lack of what they arrive in. I may or may not have seen hot brass on land on feet in flip flops while the shooter is firing. Shorts, shirts that are tucked in, spaghetti straps, and low cut shirts aren't really conducive to firearms training. Also, don't put your Peltor Mic too close too your face, because it traps .223 brass against your face perfectly. Ask me how I know.

I will continue to post dates for classes a few weeks out for each one. Thanks again for your interest. And if you really want to laugh, go check out the website. Instructor is very ugly.

Thanks
    Weimer Weaponry

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You would be surprised what some people arrive in, or the lack of what they arrive in. I may or may not have seen hot brass on land on feet in flip flops while the shooter is firing. Shorts, shirts that are tucked in, spaghetti straps, and low cut shirts aren't really conducive to firearms training. Also, don't put your Peltor Mic too close too your face, because it traps .223 brass against your face perfectly. Ask me how I know.

I will continue to post dates for classes a few weeks out for each one. Thanks again for your interest. And if you really want to laugh, go check out the website. Instructor is very ugly.

Thanks
    Weimer Weaponry

I mean I guess that brings new light to the idea of training how you would normally carry, LOL!

Whenever I take classes, I am usually the least 'tacticool' out of everyone there as I only carry IWB and don't wear 5.11 clothing or anything like that. But I also don't carry a gun while wearing flipflops as I only wear flipflops at the pool :mamoru:

andmess14

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 22, 2016
    Houma, LA
    Curious to hear after action reports from the advanced handgun and basic rifle classes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    I know its short notice, but Saturday, September 14th , we are hosting our next CCW class.

This class fulfills the state requirement, and the papers will be notarized before you leave for the day. Class begins at 08:00am, and ends at approximately 4:30pm. Tuition is $100.00, and you will need your weapon, 50 rounds of ammo, ear protection and eye protection.

If you are interested, call, text, or send us a message to reserve your spot! Please be sure to share with your family and friends!
    Thanks

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Thanks
    Weimer Weaponry

I’d say probably 90% of the classes I’ve been to, I’ve gone in shorts and a tucked in shirt, never had an issue.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I know its short notice, but Saturday, September 14th , we are hosting our next CCW class.

This class fulfills the state requirement, and the papers will be notarized before you leave for the day. Class begins at 08:00am, and ends at approximately 4:30pm. Tuition is $100.00, and you will need your weapon, 50 rounds of ammo, ear protection and eye protection.

If you are interested, call, text, or send us a message to reserve your spot! Please be sure to share with your family and friends!
    Thanks

Why are you guys notoraizing paperwork when the application is online and a paper app adds about 60-90 days to the process?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Once brass lands inside of the shirt that is tucked in, it has nowhere to go except next to your skin. Most people aren't used to that, which typically causes unsafe movements on a firing line. Just telling you what I've seen.

Thanks
    Weimer Weaponry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    For first time applicants, I recommend a paper application and to be fingerprinted by LSP, which prevents issues. And for the 60-90 days, that is up for debate. I've had new CCW holders receive their permit in 14 days after leaving LSP.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    For first time applicants, I recommend a paper application and to be fingerprinted by LSP, which prevents issues. And for the 60-90 days, that is up for debate. I've had new CCW holders receive their permit in 14 days after leaving LSP.

Why would you have them do a paper app, which increases chances of data entry error, forces them now to incur the additional expense / hassle of notary?

What are the "issues" you think it prevents versus an online application? Genuinely curious.

Most people who do it online and go to LSP for prints are getting it by the end of the week and some are walking out with it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    An assortment of reasons. Regardless, I still explain both methods.

1. Some people still do not know how to use computers, or how to upload files.
    2. For first time applicants, I already recommend they get fingerprinted by LSP, so why would they not turn in their completed packet while on scene after getting printed? We all know LSP prefers their fingerprints.
    3. Have you ran into the divorce decree error on the online application?
    4. As for the notary, my wife (Attorney) is on scene and does it for free,

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    An assortment of reasons. Regardless, I still explain both methods.

1. Some people still do not know how to use computers, or how to upload files.
    2. For first time applicants, I already recommend they get fingerprinted by LSP, so why would they not turn in their completed packet while on scene after getting printed? We all know LSP prefers their fingerprints.
    3. Have you ran into the divorce decree error on the online application?
    4. As for the notary, my wife (Attorney) is on scene and does it for free,

1. I mean.... really, and could the instructor not walk that one or two people through that?
    2. Because the benefits of the online outweigh the printed, and it is already in the system, when you show up to do your prints, doesn't have to be scanned, less chance of data errors. I agree 100% on the prints. I know they have started kicking back prints from instructors who have been doing them for years.
    3. No, can you explain a lil more about that?
    4. That's awesome that you have that available. I just see no upside to doing paper and several downsides.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I just see no upside to doing paper and several downsides.

Having just gone through the process, I can tell you that paper was the way to go.

The online system is very kludgy. It wasn't easy for me to figure out where I was in the workflow, and trying to add attachments (for me it was a divorce decree) just didn't work.

I printed my application and went to SHP headquarters in Baton Rouge to be fingerprinted, and I had my CHP permit in hand in about a week.

Mike

Top Bottom