Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 109
  1. #91
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Good old Cory Booker has a plan for us boys and girls,Turn in your AR or go to jail!!! How's that working out in lets say New Zealand?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Ef58evHFw
    Thanks for that I pressed play and went back to working on some stuff. I think the stupid started to melt my brain. When I heard the chick say something about Clinton being a victim of misogyny during the 2016 cycle it sent the smoke billowing from my ears.

  2. #92
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I would think they need a search warrant if you refuse. And for that probable cause. IANAL. Dan would be the one to call for the best advice. And he is a lawyer.
    Last edited by Coyote5.0; July 12th, 2019 at 03:25 PM.

  3. #93
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    I've gotten calls to confirm serial numbers but wanting to see them doesnt sound right.

  4. #94
    -Global Mod-

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Thanks for that I pressed play and went back to working on some stuff. I think the stupid started to melt my brain. When I heard the chick say something about Clinton being a victim of misogyny during the 2016 cycle it sent the smoke billowing from my ears.
    To quote him He lives in low income black and brown neiborhood I stopped there

  5. #95
    All or nothing

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    The Feds do not know if a transaction has taken place unless they are told about the transaction. They only know a check was made and someone was authorized to make a purchase. Imagine someone goes to a dealer, fills out the paperwork, and gets approved. How do the Feds know if they purchased a single firearm or if they changed their mind and left without purchasing anything? The Fed's entry only shows an approval unless the dealer sends them more information. If they dealer does not send them more information, they have no record of that transaction. So the only record of that gun purchase is at the dealer.
    although your account of a background check appears to include some generic person and nothing much else, we know that full name, DOB, birthplace, current addy and many times (because itís encouraged) social security number is given and I wonder if theyíve calculated how many times a person passes a background check and doesnít make the purchase. Iím betting itís less than 5% of the time. But who am I to argue with your logic? Carry on.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

    and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

  6. #96
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    although your account of a background check appears to include some generic person and nothing much else, we know that full name, DOB, birthplace, current addy and many times (because itís encouraged) social security number is given and I wonder if theyíve calculated how many times a person passes a background check and doesnít make the purchase. Iím betting itís less than 5% of the time. But who am I to argue with your logic? Carry on.
    We all know what info is included so there is no need to list it all when mentioning a background check. So using a "generic person" is fine. Even though the percentage is low, there are false entries in your list to go with the incomplete entries.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #97
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    If he is an agent of BATFE, I am a Mao Mao fighter pilot.

  8. #98
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by themcfarland View Post
    There can be nothing good from the ATF calling you.. They are not, will not ever be your friends.. It is their SOLE job to find bad guys, and to if needed, build cases of activity.. There IS nothing you are compelled to do, other than obey a warrant if personally served..
    I suggest, you change whatever behavior you might have been doing that from whatever perspective you need to take. looks bad. Something flagged you..
    I also suggest you consider having a lawyer number handy and have previously established an agreement and have a plan in place with a friend or family member to set in motion that lawyer if you were to be detained for anything.

    law enforcement may mislead, lie and even entrap you in the investigation.. There is never a point in which they are going to be doing you a favor.. PERIOD>

    good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    Do you have contact info for the individual who contacted you? If so, retain counsel, if you can afford it, and have your attorney contact him/her. If you don't know who contacted you, have your attorney contact the ATF anyway. Put them on notice that you have counsel; have him invoke your 4th and 5th amendment rights.

    If you don't or can't retain counsel, do not consent to a search and do not answer any questions.
    (As an aside, remember, it is a crime to lie to a federal agent. Even if you are innocent of any wrong doing and you tell the truth in response to a question, if you have answered a question, a case can possibly be made against you that you are lying. Even if you beat the rap, you won't beat the ride.)

    They either have probable cause or they don't. (Probable cause is needed for a warrant.) Invoking or exercising a right does not create probable cause; otherwise, it wouldn't be a right. If you consent, they are going to come in and search. If you don't consent and they have probable cause, they will leave, get a warrant, come back and come in and search. So you are really no worse off (except you won't know when they are coming and they may be a bit more brusque since you stood on your rights.) If you deny consent, and they don't have PC, they will leave and not come back unless and until they do. In the U.S.A. a person has no legal obligation to prove he is not breaking the law; the burden is on the govt to prove someone has broken the law. Refusing to prove you didn't break the law is not a crime.

    I am writing this assuming you do NOT have any tax stamped NFA items or a FFL of any type; if you do, you have already waived your 4th amendment rights and given consent to enter you premises. If so you are in a different position.

    If you have done anything illegal, you are NOT going to talk yourself out of an arrest.

    Good luck.
    THIS!!! A judicious man with sound advice.

  9. #99
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernUnderGod View Post
    This sounds like a scam or a setup for a robbery. A IRS agent told me that the government never calls a citizen unless the citizen called first. She said that any investigative activity is always preceded by a letter. I canít say for certain if this is 100% the same for the ATF. However, I would never agree to show any agency a firearm without a warrant or other official document.
    Its been 3 weeks and they never called back.
    I'll check with ATF later about wtf was that, but if that's scam, its weird he named several guns that I have, those are not easy to guess like Glock or generic ARs. I usually shop online thru local FFL, but those named were from one big physical retailer here in area. I wonder why would this retailer reported anything unless it was an investigation into something or it sells info to scammers.
    And again if I were scammer last things I would mess with are armed individuals and ATF.

  10. #100
    oldbie

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by escknx View Post
    Its been 3 weeks and they never called back.
    I'll check with ATF later about wtf was that, but if that's scam, its weird he named several guns that I have, those are not easy to guess like Glock or generic ARs. I usually shop online thru local FFL, but those named were from one big physical retailer here in area. I wonder why would this retailer reported anything unless it was an investigation into something or it sells info to scammers.
    And again if I were scammer last things I would mess with are armed individuals and ATF.
    Store employee with access to the records?
    "Be water, my friend..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •