Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wet tumbling

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Here is some range brass that was outside for God knows how long { say this as only he would know}
    This was a 24-hour soak in Citric Acid {Lemi-Shine} no tumble. Mixed it in hot water and let sit in the hot sun all day. Starting in the midday and ended midday.
    Shown next to some 7.62x54R that was SS Tumbled
    I also use the same method on steel to de-rust
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrassJuly.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	87259  
    Last edited by 340six; July 5th, 2019 at 02:28 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like i will be looking to purchase a wet tumbler. Seems the frankford arsenal is pretty well liked. Anyone have anything negative to say about it?

Also thankfully i had all of my brass pretty well sorted etc so no steal cases in the mix. I actually let some fairly black 45 acp and 38sp brass run for about 24 hours and it did ok. Its not spotless but did knock the bulk of the ugly off.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If youíre on the north shore and have a ton you want done as a one time thing, let me know and Iíll let you use my setup. It gets a fair amount done at a time.

Last edited by Jack; July 13th, 2019 at 06:59 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I've been wet tumbling for 7 or 8 years now. I absolutely love it. I've run all of my brass threw the wet tumblers. I've cleaned some really nasty stuff and made it look better than new. I dont deprime anything first. I just sort by caliber and clean first. Pistol cases I load after they are dry. Rifle cases I process after they dry. Then rewash after processing ( I do dry tumble lube off first).

Last edited by lilshaunsdad; July 23rd, 2019 at 08:41 PM.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Marksman

User Info Menu

Lilshaun thanks for the clarification thats what i was hoping to hear. Jack appreciate the offer, that does look like a massive setup. I think im going to go ahead and jump on in. Been researching a bit more and if i dont diy it pretty soon i will be picking up a frankford arsenal setup. Not sure if it is your vid but i watched a youtube vid of a guy making a tumbler that looks a whole lot like your setup. I think i pretty much have all the parts in the shop to put one together just a matter of doing it...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yeah, it does a little less than a 5 gallon bucket at a time. I didn’t pay much to have it done compared to the store bought ones.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/H...er/42-344986/?

This is who built mine

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sksshooter View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like i will be looking to purchase a wet tumbler. Seems the frankford arsenal is pretty well liked. Anyone have anything negative to say about it?

Also thankfully i had all of my brass pretty well sorted etc so no steal cases in the mix. I actually let some fairly black 45 acp and 38sp brass run for about 24 hours and it did ok. Its not spotless but did knock the bulk of the ugly off.
    I have the frankford arsenal. 750-223 brass or 400-308 brass at a time I like that it does so many at once

Marksman

User Info Menu

Finally got my wet tumbler setup. I actually got the tumbler some time back but wanted to get a sink setup in the shop before i started messing with it. Really glad i did after the first batch it would have sucked doing the whole process with a water hose. First pic is some 357 brass that was tarnished from the flood. I tumbled it in corncob for 24 hours or more. Second pic is apx 2.5 hours in the stainless pins with some dawn and a table spoon of lemishine.