To all of those that claim the bumpstock ban "didn't matter", this is on you

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    This lawsuit is DOA, and if push comes to shove in the US, and open rebellion ever breaks out, You can bet there are a lot of crafty people who will have a lot of machine guns manufactured after 1986. Firearms aren't exactly rocket ships, or rocket science.

Sounds more like let's bash Trump to me. Trump 2020

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    This lawsuit is DOA, and if push comes to shove in the US, and open rebellion ever breaks out, You can bet there are a lot of crafty people who will have a lot of machine guns manufactured after 1986. Firearms aren't exactly rocket ships, or rocket science.

Sounds more like let's bash Trump to me. Trump 2020

With the internet and open source cad files making a fire control group that is FA or 3round wouldn’t be hard at all for a machinist, but a bunch of small arms that can rock-n-roll ain’t exactly a recipe for a successful rebellion in the third world much less a country with the intelligence assets and military might that the USA possesses.

The military would have to be the keystone of any rebellion expected to succeed. For that to happen it would require a lot of secret squirrel stuff going down.

In the event an open rebellion was required it would have almost no chance of success. In 1776 on land each side had access to small arms, cannons, horses, and men. Today US Military has satellites, drones, tomahawk missiles, tanks, armored personnel vehicles, laser guided bunker busters, small arms, men, just to get started. The American civilian has guns (some more than others), automobiles, IED’s (if required), I’m sure we could muster more, but let’s face it most well funded militaries can’t hold a candle to the US military. And it would take an abrupt a divisive shift from Washington to get the military even a small portion to leave their posts.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    With the internet and open source cad files making a fire control group that is FA or 3round wouldn’t be hard at all for a machinist, but a bunch of small arms that can rock-n-roll ain’t exactly a recipe for a successful rebellion in the third world much less a country with the intelligence assets and military might that the USA possesses.

The military would have to be the keystone of any rebellion expected to succeed. For that to happen it would require a lot of secret squirrel stuff going down.

In the event an open rebellion was required it would have almost no chance of success. In 1776 on land each side had access to small arms, cannons, horses, and men. Today US Military has satellites, drones, tomahawk missiles, tanks, armored personnel vehicles, laser guided bunker busters, small arms, men, just to get started. The American civilian has guns (some more than others), automobiles, IED’s (if required), I’m sure we could muster more, but let’s face it most well funded militaries can’t hold a candle to the US military. And it would take an abrupt a divisive shift from Washington to get the military even a small portion to leave their posts.

Pfft...Cut the head off a snake...The rest is harmless.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Many of us actually probably most here agree that the ban was a bad law and dangerous precedent.

Lets not play chicken little just because some idiot leftist brings suit using mousetrap (the board game if you don’t remember it you have to google it convoluted is an understatement) kind of logic.

There will be a time to scream the sky is falling from the rooftops but this silly little case ain’t it. Remember credibility is important.
    Nope.

All gun owners should resist every attempt of the anti gun culture to INFRINGE on our rights. NOTICE I said anti gun culture and not simply the government. Anyone opposing our constitution and bill of rights should be dismissed and resisted from the get go. If so many gun owners had thought this way over the years, we likely would not be in the mess we are now.
    SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Please let me remind you of something else Bangswitch, the whole chicken little thing, the belittling and shaming people for calling to arms against tyranny, that’s a real big leftist trick. It falls somewhere between tinfoil hat and conspiracy theory. They’ve done that over and over for years. It pains me to see any gun owner picking up the same habits.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Nope.

All gun owners should resist every attempt of the anti gun culture to INFRINGE on our rights. NOTICE I said anti gun culture and not simply the government. Anyone opposing our constitution and bill of rights should be dismissed and resisted from the get go. If so many gun owners had thought this way over the years, we likely would not be in the mess we are now.
    SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Please let me remind you of something else Bangswitch, the whole chicken little thing, the belittling and shaming people for calling to arms against tyranny, that’s a real big leftist trick. It falls somewhere between tinfoil hat and conspiracy theory. They’ve done that over and over for years. It pains me to see any gun owner picking up the same habits.

I think you know me better than that. I wasn’t belittling or at least that was never my intent.

And I agree we should continue to resist the anti-gun and counter cultures that are eroding the American way of life. But an idiot attorney attempting to sell chicken sh!t as chicken salad should be laughed at by those of us who are pro second amendment. They should be ridiculed mercilessly. We shouldn’t jump up and down every time some idiot attorney brings a crazy case before a court. Additionally it does us no good to do so because our justice system is supposed to be blind to public opinions. And if we try to shape a courts opinion with temper tantrums we start to look like the people we despise. And guess what happens when you look like your enemy. You lose all credibility with those observing from a safe position.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think you know me better than that. I wasn’t belittling or at least that was never my intent.

And I agree we should continue to resist the anti-gun and counter cultures that are eroding the American way of life. But an idiot attorney attempting to sell chicken sh!t as chicken salad should be laughed at by those of us who are pro second amendment. They should be ridiculed mercilessly. We shouldn’t jump up and down every time some idiot attorney brings a crazy case before a court. Additionally it does us no good to do so because our justice system is supposed to be blind to public opinions. And if we try to shape a courts opinion with temper tantrums we start to look like the people we despise. And guess what happens when you look like your enemy. You lose all credibility with those observing from a safe position.
    That sounds better. And yeah, not good to throw a tantrum. But to laugh it off and walk away while saying it’s nothing to worry about....real bad.
    There are times I may not want to support the resistance, but I’m not gonna do or say anything to hinder their efforts.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    As in any war...The leaders have to go first!

Im reminded the cartoon movie about Hercules. It’s cute it’s funny but life isn’t a cartoon either.

The ole head of the snake idea would work if we were a totalitarian regime. The type of decapitation strategy a revolution would require would require so much loss of life it would instantly end any chance of support from the American people. Never mind that a conspiracy like that could never be accomplished. It would require armies of co-conspirators, and we all know the Franklin quote about how 3 men can keep as secret if 2 are dead.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That sounds better. And yeah, not good to throw a tantrum. But to laugh it off and walk away while saying it’s nothing to worry about....real bad.
    There are times I may not want to support the resistance, but I’m not gonna do or say anything to hinder their efforts.

If the case hasn’t been laughed out the courts yet it won’t be long, because that kind of circular logic doesn’t deserve the dignity of defense against it. Laughter and ridicule is the way those sorts of idiots are forced to shut-up and crawl back under the rock they came from.

Longleaf Hunter

Fresh Reload
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    SW Louisiana
    Would be a nice try but there’s more than 10million AR-15 style rifles owend by us citizens in the year 2015 and sells have sky rocketed sense then.. I would imagine well over 15-20 million are owend by private party’s now... Never the less 80% lowers... there’s no way... just grabbing for air on the way down.... I understand the whole * don’t give nothing up cause you’ll never get it back* but also have learned sometimes you gotta * give up a single little battle of you wanna win the war*... if you actually took time to read all the silly cases they try to bring to trial you could be there all day.....

We're talking about giving up rights. I for one am not willing to give up what God gave me to temporarily try and pacify a group who will not be pacified by the sacrifice.

Top Bottom