To all of those that claim the bumpstock ban "didn't matter", this is on you

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    When this was going through, I tried to warn people that the "bumpstock ban" was not about bumpstocks at all.... and sets a dangerous precedent in firearm rights in general. Consider this to be a first act of many using the logic the Trump administration implored. Can the people that said "Oh I don't care about some stupid range toy" see what I'm was talking about now, or do you need a further break down in crayon?

https://reason.com/2019/07/03/relyi...CGq_cwA1OpLAt2T5i1XkhhI8GupPLiqD0Vpvppv3O687o

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Would be a nice try but there’s more than 10million AR-15 style rifles owend by us citizens in the year 2015 and sells have sky rocketed sense then.. I would imagine well over 15-20 million are owend by private party’s now... Never the less 80% lowers... there’s no way... just grabbing for air on the way down.... I understand the whole * don’t give nothing up cause you’ll never get it back* but also have learned sometimes you gotta * give up a single little battle of you wanna win the war*... if you actually took time to read all the silly cases they try to bring to trial you could be there all day.....

Last edited:

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Would be a nice try but there’s more than 10million AR-15 style rifles owend by us citizens in the year 2015 and sells have sky rocketed sense then.. I would imagine well over 15-20 million are owend by private party’s now... Never the less 80% lowers... there’s no way... just grabbing for air on the way down.... I understand the whole * don’t give nothing up cause you’ll never get it back* but also have learned sometimes you gotta * give up a single little battle of you wanna win the war*... if you actually took time to read all the silly cases they try to bring to trial you could be there all day.....

Exactly

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    If there was 1 company to credit the most contribution to our 2nd amendment I would have to vote for PSA... are they the best, maybe not... but for the price they very very good quality products... I have and still have quite a few and never 1 issue!!! Are they making money, heck yea without a doubt.. but they are bringing quality ars with many diff options besides the standard m4 configuration to millions at a price of around $500 give or take... HECK $49 BCG!!!! $40 lowers $7 Milspec mags,$9 pmags ... I would like to know how many ar’s they have pumped into the American market... I have shared this video before, it’s a good watch...

Psa’s mission statement
    https://youtu.be/f3eQGOCHsi4

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I’ve always said I wish the Big Boys would drop their prices and sell more to get the weapons in the hands of patriots that can’t afford to spend 1500-2500 on a AR. I’m sure DD, LWRC, POF, etc could cut some cost and still make a good profit. Especially if sales go up. But Aero, spikes, PSA, BCM works for me.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    What happens when the next anti gun president gets in and uses the now cemented precedent set in place by the current administer to ban more ****, like any aftermarket triggers, magazines (because yes, those technically do increase rate of fire since rate of fire is determined by rounds per minute.). Then what? I mean, you can bumpfire any semi-automatic if you have the skill, so does that mean your finger is now *an unregistered illegal machine gun part* capable of turning a semi-auto rifle into an illegal machine because it artificially increases the rate of fire? Because guess what, thanks to Trump, that now holds water. And guess what the beautiful thing is? They now don’t have to go through legislation! Just the stroke of a pen and poof, you’re now a felon. Good job everyone that supported this mess. You’re about to experience what’s called the law on unintended consequences because of your lack of insight.

Last edited:

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma

So what you are telling me is that you are okay with the president using executive privilege rewriting law and enforcing it using the ATF/DOJ while bypassing the congressional process? Making an estimated 500 thousand citizens felons if they don’t turn in their property like peasants? Being okay with the further eroding of checks and balances and the violating of both the second AND fifth amendment? Seems like a pretty big *single little battle* to let slide. Do you understand what *precedent* means? This lawsuit is the first of many when they lefties get wind of this, and thanks to Trump, their claims will hold water.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    What happens when the next anti gun president gets in and uses the now cemented precedent set in place by the current administer to ban more ****, like any aftermarket triggers, magazines (because yes, those technically do increase rate of fire since rate of fire is determined by rounds per minute.). Then what? I mean, you can bumpfire any semi-automatic if you have the skill, so does that mean your finger is now *an unregistered illegal machine gun part* capable of turning a semi-auto rifle into an illegal machine because it artificially increases the rate of fire? Because guess what, thanks to Trump, that now holds water. And guess what the beautiful thing is? They now don’t have to go through legislation! Just the stroke of a pen and poof, you’re now a felon. Good job everyone that supported this mess. You’re about to experience what’s called the law on unintended consequences because of your lack of insight.

Many of us actually probably most here agree that the ban was a bad law and dangerous precedent.

Lets not play chicken little just because some idiot leftist brings suit using mousetrap (the board game if you don’t remember it you have to google it convoluted is an understatement) kind of logic.

There will be a time to scream the sky is falling from the rooftops but this silly little case ain’t it. Remember credibility is important.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I agree with this

Many of us actually probably most here agree that the ban was a bad law and dangerous precedent.

Lets not play chicken little just because some idiot leftist brings suit using mousetrap (the board game if you don’t remember it you have to google it convoluted is an understatement) kind of logic.

There will be a time to scream the sky is falling from the rooftops but this silly little case ain’t it. Remember credibility is important.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    And it’s not always the president... he’s a public face of the organized federal crime... he only does what his people tell him to do... if you actually think he actually has the final say in any situation except feeding people mc Donald’s at the White House then there is a lot more research that needs to be done

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    So what you are telling me is that you are okay with the president using executive privilege rewriting law and enforcing it using the ATF/DOJ while bypassing the congressional process? Making an estimated 500 thousand citizens felons if they don’t turn in their property like peasants? Being okay with the further eroding of checks and balances and the violating of both the second AND fifth amendment? Seems like a pretty big *single little battle* to let slide. Do you understand what *precedent* means? This lawsuit is the first of many when they lefties get wind of this, and thanks to Trump, their claims will hold water.

Never said I was *ok with it* I very clearly said you have to pick your battles to maintain resources, moral, and supplies of you wanna win the war!!! No general was ever ok with pulling his men back in an active battle but they were smart enough to know to pull back and get more resources and hit the hill a diff way... and ultimately win the war

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If suppressors is next there will be the sentiment that...we’ll the second doesn’t say suppressors is a right and so forth and so on. They have tested the waters and will soon turn up the heat. Red dots, mags, triggers, optics, stocks, braces, etc... the pen is mightier than congress and the senate. It’s for the safety of the children of course.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    By the logic of that lawsuit, any glass bottle that can readily be made into a Molotov cocktail is illegal, or any length of pipe that can be packed with explosive. I don't see a lot of chance for that lawsuit succeeding. Sounds like anti-gun lobby shopping around for wounded families and enticing them with big payouts to be the face of any challenge they can try to get into court.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Some still buy into the illusion of choice. We no longer have a choice between freedom and oppression. Both sides have turned on the people. Lesser of two evils makes no sense. Evil is evil. You can’t be just a little bit pregnant. It’s said we learn from our mistakes. I wish we would remember our successes and repeat them. Looks like we are headed down the old path of mistakes that will eventually have to be dealt with by total resistance of the oppressors or total surrender of freedom. One side will prevail. Not everyone gets a trophy in this one.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    By the logic of that lawsuit, any glass bottle that can readily be made into a Molotov cocktail is illegal, or any length of pipe that can be packed with explosive. I don't see a lot of chance for that lawsuit succeeding. Sounds like anti-gun lobby shopping around for wounded families and enticing them with big payouts to be the face of any challenge they can try to get into court.

Totally agree. That's one of the stupidest lawsuits I've every seen. There has to be something behind it. No sane run-of-the-mill attorney would take that on.

hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    I'm betting suppressors are next.It seems as though something is already
    taking place,considering very few are getting tax stamps and supp's within
    2 years.It doesn't and never has taken more than a few months to get a
    stamp or a supp,yet now it is years.There has to be a reason for that And
    its not the gooberment being slow,they have and always will go the same
    speed,very,very,very slow.I agree ,the banning of the stocks is just a
    loophole for later laws.If you own firearms,I would think being on or moving
    to farmland would be your best bet.I figure the last people to have to have
    to release their firearms will be farmers.

Last edited:

georg jetson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    So the lawsuit asserts that the AR was made for the Bump Stock instead of the reverse? I believe I now understand politics in the U.S.

Top Bottom