Engraving in or near Metairie

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Just got another Tax Stamp back 9 months later so is there anyone in the Metairie area doing engraving ?

You only need to have Form 1 (self manufactured) items engraved, commercially manufactured suppressors and SBRs that transfer to you in a Form 4 do not need to be engraved. But if you need engraving this is the guy I recommend. He is in beautiful downtown Harvey right by the sewer plant. LOL. He does a great job.

838256c7628ef65432b375ae9af9e931.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    We all know you said Metairie.... But Mike really is a good guy. And he works around your schedule if need be.

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    Cool thanks, he did my last SBR engraving but because of work I'm on the other side of the river. I'll give a call and try to work out a time or a Saturday or Sunday I hope ?

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Cool thanks, he did my last SBR engraving but because of work I'm on the other side of the river. I'll give a call and try to work out a time or a Saturday or Sunday I hope ?

Yeah sorry I kind of glossed over the whole wrong side of the river thing. I was exhausted.

I remember hearing some dude brought his lower to the Lakeside mall to have it engraved but the context in which I heard the story was of that going over very, very badly. LOL.

The good thing about mike is not only does he have an engraved but he knows where he can engrave and the minimum size and depth. I almost bought an engraving machine a few years ago but then my office staff and my wife staged an intervention asking if I really needed anything else on my plate. They were right of course and I passed.

If you need anything engraved on a curved surface and don’t mind driving to BR, Joe Meaux at Meaux Guns has a laser that will do it. Beware of guys doing laser engraving. Most have the cheap laser that will only cut into the anodizing and does not meet ATF specs. The expensive one (fiber laser, I think) is $50k+ and can cut into the metal to whatever depth you need and can do curved surfaces like the bottom of the trigger guard on Seekins lowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom