CLEO Signature Required for Suppressors?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2019
    Farmerville, LA
    Hello All,

I will be relocating to Louisana soon and want to bring my suppressors with me. I have all my stamps, etc. From my purchases ready to go and packed somewhere I can easily find them :). My question is will I need to obtain the local CLEO signature upon my arrival or has this requirement been quashed? Any info is appreciated!

Thank you!

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    Hello All,

I will be relocating to Louisana soon and want to bring my suppressors with me. I have all my stamps, etc. From my purchases ready to go and packed somewhere I can easily find them :). My question is will I need to obtain the local CLEO signature upon my arrival or has this requirement been quashed? Any info is appreciated!

Thank you!

That is a good question, and I wish I had the answer. I want to say that a CLEO's signature isn't needed, but I have never had the need to know. I do know that you need to fill out some kind of "change of address" form and send that to the ATF. It's a specific form, but I do not remember which one it is.

Sorry for my lack of helpful info.

Scott5.0

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Loranger, LA
    The way I understand the ATF, if you are moving with just suppressors, all you have to do is fill out the ATF change of address form, ATF Form 5320.20. This can be done before or after you move but only if it's just suppressors. If you are bringing SBR's or SBS's etc, that form has to be submitted and approved before you can move the guns over state lines.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2019
    Farmerville, LA
    Thanks for the replies gents. I'll actually be heading to Monroe tomorrow for work and will pop in to the Sheriff's office to find out for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom