Join BayouShooter For Free

Cajun Ammo

User Info Menu

CLEO Signature Required for Suppressors?

Hello All,

I will be relocating to Louisana soon and want to bring my suppressors with me. I have all my stamps, etc. From my purchases ready to go and packed somewhere I can easily find them . My question is will I need to obtain the local CLEO signature upon my arrival or has this requirement been quashed? Any info is appreciated!

Thank you!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 5054 View Post
    Hello All,

I will be relocating to Louisana soon and want to bring my suppressors with me. I have all my stamps, etc. From my purchases ready to go and packed somewhere I can easily find them . My question is will I need to obtain the local CLEO signature upon my arrival or has this requirement been quashed? Any info is appreciated!

Thank you!

That is a good question, and I wish I had the answer. I want to say that a CLEO's signature isn't needed, but I have never had the need to know. I do know that you need to fill out some kind of "change of address" form and send that to the ATF. It's a specific form, but I do not remember which one it is.

Sorry for my lack of helpful info.
    "Your" does not equal "You're", the contraction for "You are".

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

Marksman

User Info Menu

The way I understand the ATF, if you are moving with just suppressors, all you have to do is fill out the ATF change of address form, ATF Form 5320.20. This can be done before or after you move but only if it's just suppressors. If you are bringing SBR's or SBS's etc, that form has to be submitted and approved before you can move the guns over state lines.
    Springfield Armory TRP Stainless
    Kimber Warrior
    Glock 17 Gen5
    Glock 45

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies gents. I'll actually be heading to Monroe tomorrow for work and will pop in to the Sheriff's office to find out for sure.