Input desired on autoloaders

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andmess14

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 22, 2016
    Houma, LA
    I’m looking at potential shotguns for my daughter. It will be in 12 ga and mostly used for clays. I am hoping to get her handling some within the next few weeks. I have narrowed it down to the following:

Beretta a300
    Browning Silver
    Mossburg 930
    remington v3
    Winchester super x4
    Weatherby Sa-08

Any experience with these firearms, especially concerning target loads, would be greatly appreciated.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Out of the box, my money would be on the Beretta, they digest any combination of cartridges while wearing shades and holding out their pinky finger. Pretty comfy shooters too.
    As far as the rest on your list, I might prefer a Benelli over the lot.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Beretta a400, lightest recoil on the market!!!! Never had a issue with mine, standing and shooting ducks out of a pirouge... every now and then we play pass the gun to the right in the duck blind... i cringe when that benelli sbe2 comes to me... that sucker kicks like a mule compared to my a400 extreme... and the beretta shoots everything from light clays to heavy 3.5*

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Beretta a400, lightest recoil on the market!!!! Never had a issue with mine, standing and shooting ducks out of a pirouge... every now and then we play pass the gun to the right in the duck blind... i cringe when that benelli sbe2 comes to me... that sucker kicks like a mule compared to my a400 extreme... and the beretta shoots everything from light clays to heavy 3.5*

This. My brother in law is like a professional duck hunter and he will only use beretta shotguns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    1) I have read several recent articles on shotguns designed to fit women. Obviously women are built differently than men. (Longer necks, higher cheekbones, different slope from shoulder to chest) internet searches should find them. My wife doesn’t shoot enough to warrant buying an expensive gun designed for women but it may be a consideration for you in getting one adjusted or fit.
    2) google for issues with all of them. I love my a300 but have an issue with it. It worked great for a couple of years and then started having an issue with not fully inserting the shell. I tried a heavier spring and now it doesn’t always eject. (Yes even when cleaned and lubricated and with heavy pheasant and normal 1-1/8 loads,,,) My internet search found this is a fairly common issue. A few shotgun forums discuss an issue with rough chambers and suggest polishing the chamber. I may wind up shipping it to Berreta - I don’t think they have that long a warranty but I haven’t checked yet.

Top Bottom