Anyone using or have used this light? inforce wmlx-white-gen-2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Have you picked out your hand guard yet? If so, what are you planning to use? Weapons lights are kinda personal items in that one's preference can play a large part in what to get. Personally, I like pressure switches. My "go to" weapons light is the Streamlight HL-X 1000 lumen light. For around $100, you get the light with integrated picatinny rail mount and a pressure switch. The switch mounts on a section of rail. Because I usually get an m-lok rail, I usually get a real section for the switch. That can sometimes be awkward depending on the layout of the m-lok. Magpul makes a cantilever m-lok mount the replaces the picatinny mound on the light itself. I can now get the light out a little further and put the switch were I need it. Or if my rail had m-lok at 45 degrees, I can use that line and the light won't stick out as far to the side.

My personal preference may not be for you. I'm sure someone will come along (if they haven't already while I have been typing this) and explain why a different light and setup is much better than the one I choose. And it will be a better setup for them. This is your first build. Is this your first AR platform weapon?

88066_00.jpg

61s3Fgsx0dL._SL1500_.jpg

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    +1 on the Streamlight HL-X 1000. Package can be had for a little over $100. I used it for some night time hunting recently and works great. Mrgunsngear on Youtube has a review of it comparing it to more expensive lights

Charlieboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    Marrero
    Theperez1972. Its my first build. Its a 9mm ar platform. Ive owned a colt AR-15 bone stock LE6920

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    For the money it’s hard to beat any of the streamlight rail mount lights. I tend to use the single battery one to save weight but you can’t go wrong with the HLX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I have an AR9 with a 7 inch Aero Precision Quantum Hand Guard. It has m-lok every 45 degrees. This one has the cantilever mount as well. I need to move the flashlight a little further out. This setup works for me. With the rail you are using, a streamlight switch may have to be top mounted because it needs 2.5 sections of m-lok. The Phase 5 has 2 sections on the sides. You could mount the switch on the top rail. If you absolute co-witness the red dot, you might see your thumb in the bottom of the sight. If it's lower 1/3, you might not. And your grip may also make a difference. I am not a fan of the thumb over barrel grip simply because all of my AR training was with a different grip. But again, that's a personal decision.

IMG_0537.jpg IMG_0538.JPG IMG_0539.JPG

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I have an Inforce like that mounted on my helmet, it is white light and infrared.
    I have moved it around a couple different weapon platforms and now mainly use as a illuminator for the night vision. It is good quality, I like the switch placement. I am a Surefire fan, but this does everything as promised.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    I have both Surefire and Streamlight weapons lights and you really can’t beat the HL-X.
    Excellent quality right up there with Surefire and a company that will make right any issues you may have.

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been running the Olight weapon X. Its 2000 lumen on high/ 600 on low. Stupid bright and rechargeable without disassembly. They are having a big sale on the 12th

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I got wunna dems streamlights!

The early gens flicker when you charge an AR and the bolt slaps home in to battery and also when you shoot. I need to send mine in for warranty. I think they beef up the springs for the battery so it doesnt do it anymore once updated by the manufacturerer The new ones Ive ordered at the shop recently dont do it though. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Check out mine. Its on a SLR rail via a Unity Monkey Bar mount.

C5eTqiZ.jpg

SIqdmDv.jpg

xoQVTwY.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I got wunna dems streamlights!

The early gens flicker when you charge an AR and the bolt slaps home in to battery and also when you shoot. I need to send mine in for warranty. I think they beef up the springs for the battery so it doesnt do it anymore once updated by the manufacturerer The new ones Ive ordered at the shop recently dont do it though. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Check out mine. Its on a SLR rail via a Unity Monkey Bar mount.

Did you drill out the holes on the switch to fit an m-lok screw?

marinetaco01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Madsionville, LA
    FWIW i've had nothing but issues with the heads cracking on inforce lights.

I would sick with the Steamlight Rail Mount or the Surefire Scout.

I use surefires with the click tailcap mounted on a unity tactical micro hub on almost everything.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom