New Zealand Compliance Rate for Gun Buyback Program Stands at Less than 1 Percent

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "Paul Clark, owner of New Zealand Ammunition, one of the country’s largest ammunition companies, said he believed many owners would attempt to hide their weapons.

He added that if owners are not allowed to make their case through the justice system 'the only alternative is revolution.'

Asked by Radio New Zealand journalist Lisa Owen to clarify what he meant, he replied: 'Literally, what I just said.'

Clark later apologized for the comment and said he was not calling for violence."

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/new-zealand-compliance-1/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...8c291ab5c38_story.html?utm_term=.287820574f54

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I hope you guys paid attention to the second paragraph...

New Zealand gun owners were not required to register AR-type rifles prior to the ban, so law enforcement officers aren’t sure precisely how many *military-style semi-automatic weapons* need to be turned in

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    They have nothing to worry about. No enforcement officer would ever go door to door and confiscated their firearms.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    As much as I hate to see free people go through this kind of government overreach, I’m watching optimistically to see how the Kiwi’s handle it once the buying and talking stop, will the shooting and violence start? Hopefully we can take some lessons from how things go down.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    We have a lesson in history of how the last gubment over reach went down. Only question is, will history repeat itself? I may be wrong but they have a privilege not the right to Arms? Not that it matters because people should have the right to self protection. But I’m just a conservative Christian white middle age male gun owner. I’m no longer recognized as relevant. More of a fringe extremist. How far we have fallen.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    We have a lesson in history of how the last gubment over reach went down. Only question is, will history repeat itself? I may be wrong but they have a privilege not the right to Arms? Not that it matters because people should have the right to self protection. But I’m just a conservative Christian white middle age male gun owner. I’m no longer recognized as relevant. More of a fringe extremist. How far we have fallen.

Does anyone know the purchasing process there?

Do they do something similar to NICS?

Does the dealer maintain records on who purchased what?

Does someone else agency, etc.?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No other country in the world has the inherent and explicit Constitutionally protected Right of a citizen to Bear Arms as the USA does. Not even close. These citizens of NZ are most assuredly breaking the law regardless of whether they think they should or not. When you give an elected leader of any country or over any people that much power to enact sweeping cultural changes by fiat, you are not truly free. Their system gave them this.

What I hope is that the New Zealand citizenry has seen long enough through a semi-free press, or possibly uncensored internet, enough examples of abuses of power around the world over people by brutal regimes, dictators, tyrants, or elitists; that they understand an unarmed populace is a subserviant populace.

Almost every country that comes to mind that has a purposefully unarmed populace is a mess, is a ********, is ruled as a dictatorship, is oppressive, etc., etc.

History has proven time and time again, that over time; and unarmed citizenry will yield tyranny over them.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I hope you guys paid attention to the second paragraph...

New Zealand gun owners were not required to register AR-type rifles prior to the ban, so law enforcement officers aren’t sure precisely how many *military-style semi-automatic weapons* need to be turned in

Like some Nazi party in Germany.
    I bet money on it they do some program to turn on people for cssh.like crime stoppers type deal.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Like some Nazi party in Germany.
    I bet money on it they do some program to turn on people for cssh.like crime stoppers type deal.

Don’t forget the pint sized snitches Hitlers Youth. I don’t know about in NZ but with the public schools in this country doing everything but teaching kids will probably make for ‘good safe place’ for the little kiddy’s to narc on mom and dad.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    No other country in the world has the inherent and explicit Constitutionally protected Right of a citizen to Bear Arms as the USA does. Not even close. These citizens of NZ are most assuredly breaking the law regardless of whether they think they should or not. When you give an elected leader of any country or over any people that much power to enact sweeping cultural changes by fiat, you are not truly free. Their system gave them this.

What I hope is that the New Zealand citizenry has seen long enough through a semi-free press, or possibly uncensored internet, enough examples of abuses of power around the world over people by brutal regimes, dictators, tyrants, or elitists; that they understand an unarmed populace is a subserviant populace.

Almost every country that comes to mind that has a purposefully unarmed populace is a mess, is a ********, is ruled as a dictatorship, is oppressive, etc., etc.

History has proven time and time again, that over time; and unarmed citizenry will yield tyranny over them.

Seems we are very close to your description due to the executive order our president’s have been using. The King and his poison pen can strip ones freedom quicker than anything else.

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    :mamoru:

New Zealand Gun Control FAILS As *Kiwis* Ignore The New Bans

Politicians are left scratching their heads and wondering why New Zealanders won’t comply with their authoritarian edicts. As a result, estimates of the numbers of newly banned weapons vary widely. So far, about 700 firearms have been voluntarily surrendered.

As for how many now illegal guns are still in the hands of the Kiwis, that’s unknown. Because those guns outlawed have never been registered with authorities, it’s impossible to get an accurate count and impossible to know where any of them are. The government has shot itself in the foot because the numbers that are available, show that New Zealand is quite heavily armed per capita. There are an estimated 1.2-1.5 million guns in a country of approximately 4.7 million people. To put it another way, the land of the Kiwi is about as big as Colorado with the population of Louisiana. New York City, for example, is home to about 8.6 million (2017 estimate), almost double the size of the New Zealand population.

Kiwi gun owners apparently own a lot of un-registered guns. According to a Washington Post story, the co-founder of Gun Control NZ acknowledged, *These weapons are unlikely to be confiscated by police because they don’t know of their existence.*

Top Bottom