Hi from Zachary, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glittergungirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2019
    Zachary, LA
    [FONT=&amp]Hello everyone! My name is Tina and I’m new to Bayou Shooters and new to guns and shooting in general.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Got my first gun in 2009, a Taurus Judge, but haven’t been able to shoot it regularly. Since, then I also acquired (through gifts from my hubby a Ruger LCP and a Ruger 22/45 MK III).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I hope to meet new people and learn to become comfortable using my guns as well as using them safely and accurately. I also plan to get my CCW permit this summer.

:)

Tina[/FONT]

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Welcome. Sounds like you need some type single action revolver use Single Six and are a 38/357 Black Hawk.
    I am great at spending others money.

Glittergungirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2019
    Zachary, LA
    Haha! Yes, My husband says I'm great at spending his money, too. I would love to add a 4th and 5th gun to my collection especially since I'm not too fond of the LCP. :(

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Welcome aboard.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Haha! Yes, My husband says I'm great at spending his money, too. I would love to add a 4th and 5th gun to my collection especially since I'm not too fond of the LCP. :(
    There is this crazy notion that ya get small size guns to Females.
    They are ok for carrying but not to shoot.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    There is this crazy notion that ya get small size guns to Females.
    They are ok for carrying but not to shoot.

Truth right there, but ultralight tiny guns are still selling well. If you never plan to shoot it, it's great, but a good grip and weight are the keys to manage painful recoil. Getting new women shooters to fire ultralight guns or heavy magnums has turned more women away from the sport than the Brady bunch.

Glittergungirl, Welcome! Keep trying different guns until you find one you like to shoot and carry. Don't know about the Range in Baker, but some indoor ranges will rent different guns to try out.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Truth right there, but ultralight tiny guns are still selling well. If you never plan to shoot it, it's great, but a good grip and weight are the keys to manage painful recoil. Getting new women shooters to fire ultralight guns or heavy magnums has turned more women away from the sport than the Brady bunch.

Glittergungirl, Welcome! Keep trying different guns until you find one you like to shoot and carry. Don't know about the Range in Baker, but some indoor ranges will rent different guns to try out.

I learned this lesson as well. I bought my wife a Airweight .38/.357 revolver and she hated it. Even with .38 ammo the recoil hurt her hand when she shot it. We got a full size Springfield 1911 in .45ACP and she can shoot that thing all day long.

Top Bottom