Chasing the Moon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Have y'all been watching the PBS show, Chasing the Moon on American Experience? It is excellent! Catch the reruns or stream this show.
    Tonight for Apollo 8 they where in Frank Borman's home during his flight around the moon on Christmas Eve. The house was full, Astronauts wives, kids, camera men and more. In the background was a plaque on the wall with an American Flag next to his glass Gun cabinet that was chock fun of long guns. Sitting in front of that was a Catholic Priest. So in one shot was Frack Boreman's Bible, American Flag & lots of Guns. I bet NASA would never let that happen now.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Great shows.
    My dad worked at Michoud Assembly Facility till the last shot.
    Then everyone just about was laid off as they finally did it.
    He got some Coins from all the shots that were made with some percentage of metal from some part of what went up.
    They have some on eBay. My older Brother has dads.
    If they would have kept going we would be way better off now.
    Keep in mind that lots of things we have were due to Research for Nasa and Military advancement.
    Dad moved us to Alabama for a short while he worked there.
    Dems like to say no more $ for Nasa and the Military but we today are still in a position to keep up. Give the $ to the poor.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I grew up in Lake Worth, Florida some 140 miles South of the Cape and I've seen every manned launch from MA-6 through Skylab 4 (I was stationed at Pease AFB in New Hampshire for the Apollo–Soyuz Test Project). Mom was nuts over the space program, we would watch the launch until they had cleared the tower, then go outside to see them go. Depending on which pad they launched from I knew just where to look to pick them up. Yeah, I missed a few days of school for the launches.

BTW, when they launched Apollo 17 you could have read a newspaper in my front yard!

Last edited:

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    We watched it last night. Very good show. At one point they read Genesis as their message to earth. Can you imagine them reading the Bible on Christmas Eve from space in today’s world!!

Cajuncappy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2019
    St James Parish
    It's space week so I watched a bunch of stuff last night. It was a great time to grow up I was an impressionable kid through the mercury Gemini and Apollo missions and the fierce pride and patriotism of folks back then had a huge impression on me. Watching last night with a few pours of whisky I actually teared up a few times.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    BTW, when they launched Apollo 17 you could have read a newspaper in my front yard!

Was that the nite launch? I remember the only nite launch that turned the sky orange in Metry for a few seconds. That's as close as I got to seeing a launch.
    Why are there no coonass astronauts?
    Because every time someone says Launch, they go eat.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom