Invest L92/Tropical depression Barry/ Hurricane Barry Thread!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I put out 50lbs of bio-logic the other day, What are you using?

We are planting a few acres of Soy Beans. Our fall plots total close to 15 Acres so we don’t typically try any of the retail type stuff. One guy planted a couple plots with something like that and it was too wet last fall in that particular spot and it failed.

I may sprinkle in some corn while they ain’t looking.:mamoru:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The Queen of New Orleans was just on TV It is gonna get ya. But no time to lose just hunker down and pick up stuff especially Ya garbage cans.
    No time to evacuate stay put.

To quote her "Get barry on ya mind, Barry's On Mine"

Better than the "Mother of all Storms"

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    The Queen of New Orleans was just on TV It is gonna get ya. But no time to lose just hunker down and pick up stuff especially Ya garbage cans.
    No time to evacuate stay put.

To quote her "Get barry on ya mind, Barry's On Mine"

Better than the "Mother of all Storms"

She was more worried about protecting 'her people' from ICE than the storm

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Boss doesn't want to close the pharmacy, So I'll be there all day yesterday. He says if the weather gets bad enough that we may have trouble getting home. Then we will close early. I don't know if "looters" will be an issue. But I usually carry a pistol to work anyways.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The sheep are in full blown stamped mode here, can't find a gas can or generator....love it

Well if they would have joined here and read one of the Generator threads.
    Also, I know I may be a coonsass but does not everyone have a Large Pot? As in the one they boil crabs crawfish, to fill with tap water.
    Why are they fighting over that few cases of water? Food do they not have food? Is their home like on TV or the Movies when they open a Fridge where it is just a box of Baking Soda, half bottle of Catsup and an old box of half eatten Cheapo China Food
    Think ahead and get gas to add stabil to it. I have 3 smaller barrels and my 2 jerry cans and 5 gallons for grass and pressure washer. So have say 55 gallons. In the sealed barrels life is 3-4 years longest i have used it and it was fine {like the day I put it in there.
    In fact, it is at 2 years now so I have been using it up as to replace it with newer fresh stuff. {ie} rotate stock
    I may just have an 8hp Briggs from early '90s but that old Cast Iron Sleeve air cooled works fine and does not use more fuel than needed to give me all 110.
    In a pinch I could run it some to keep everything alive and turn it off and have my fuel last and last.
    In fact last time it was long 6.5 days I made it with what I have and I gave power away to save the ones on each side of me.
    Plus I have gas appliances so cooked for about 20-25. On the 3rd day a few said something silly about the food.
    As I made stuff like Red or White Beans and Rice, Jambalaya, Chicken Sausage Gumbo, Chicken Stew, etc. Like what did they want Steaks and Baked Potatoes?
    Plus had a charging station of I have no idea of phones plugged in.
    But the last time was 3 days and they were mad I would not with the exception of food.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well if they would have joined here and read one of the Generator threads.
    Also, I know I may be a coonsass but does not everyone have a Large Pot? As in the one they boil crabs crawfish, to fill with tap water.
    Why are they fighting over that few cases of water? Food do they not have food? Is their home like on TV or the Movies when they open a Fridge where it is just a box of Baking Soda, half bottle of Catsup and an old box of half eatten Cheapo China Food
    Think ahead and get gas to add stabil to it. I have 3 smaller barrels and my 2 jerry cans and 5 gallons for grass and pressure washer. So have say 55 gallons. In the sealed barrels life is 3-4 years longest i have used it and it was fine {like the day I put it in there.
    In fact, it is at 2 years now so I have been using it up as to replace it with newer fresh stuff. {ie} rotate stock
    I may just have an 8hp Briggs from early '90s but that old Cast Iron Sleeve air cooled works fine and does not use more fuel than needed to give me all 110.
    In a pinch I could run it some to keep everything alive and turn it off and have my fuel last and last.
    In fact last time it was long 6.5 days I made it with what I have and I gave power away to save the ones on each side of me.
    Plus I have gas appliances so cooked for about 20-25. On the 3rd day a few said something silly about the food.
    As I made stuff like Red or White Beans and Rice, Jambalaya, Chicken Sausage Gumbo, Chicken Stew, etc. Like what did they want Steaks and Baked Potatoes?
    Plus had a charging station of I have no idea of phones plugged in.
    But the last time was 3 days and they were mad I would not with the exception of food.

I usually only let the women and children in to cool off,I tell the hard-legs to go find some gas first...lol

If I was cooking for a gang and someone had something negative to say...I'd tell em to go to Mc D's and Goodbye!

Had 3 generators, Just sold a Honda 1500 today,Like yours its an older model,Runs fine and puts out 120 V's

Good Luck over there !!!

Oh and my Hurricane toilet !

Attachments

• toilet.jpg
      toilet.jpg
      29.4 KB · Views: 58

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a Generator that's never been used. Still in box. Never opened it b/c it was my father's but he moved to Texas a year ago. Maybe I should buy gas and oil for it...

7C2EC7C4-F44C-40F7-84EB-E321A2A642C7_jpeg-1013431.JPG

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    And the hurricane models! Always one model that is just in left field.....like dude, I'm just going to pick a random starting point, predict it hits Houston at 4:20 (puff) and then head back out into the gulf....yeah dude!

66518469_10216457619647400_2137776751328100352_o.jpg

Top Bottom