Invest L92/Tropical depression Barry/ Hurricane Barry Thread!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    So fellas, hope everyone is well. Hope none of us were too affected by today's storm. But what is your plan for the rest of the week?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'll be at work in Algiers... I saw there's a lot of low spots in the levy and a bunch of them are in Algiers.... Freaking A.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    Going to BR Top Golf today. Sit home and watch the rain for the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I'm in Algiers. I expect the river to over top the levee a bit down river from me. I don't expect I'll flood, but one really never knows until it's over.

I really don't see many rain bands wrapped around this system. That could change.

So far the major effect for me, is a break for my air conditioner. It's actually cycled off several times yesterday. It's quite pleasant outside right now, with temps in the lower eighties and a nice breeze.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Work as usual but it seems like we may be closing early. Stocked up on enough adult beverages to get me through the weekend. :)

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Watch Margaret Orr talk as if it is the end of the world and see all the people new to the city act as if they should evacuate because they heard from somebody who knows somebody who heard from somebody that works at the army Corp of engineers who said that they are preparing for the worst case scenario because they know something. I hope it is nothing and it probably will be nothing but come on. I will go to work as usual and everybody else I know will have their places close up and the kids will have their camps or schools closed and the weather will be beautiful. Of course I thought that with Katrina and lost my house so I might be completely wrong. Let’s just hope it turns out to be nothing.

And, that person who they heard something from is usually not from anywhere near here. I just want the traffic lights to work. I kid you not but I saw about 4 close calls with assholes just blowing through an intersection with the light out. Hey dummy! Didn’t you notice the 10 other cars all stopped around you?!

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If it dumps the rain "they" are saying, you might need a boat with a go-devil or surface drive to get that grass mowed.

You gotta cut the grass to smoke the grass!

Mai la, City boys...hahaha, Everyone here knows that you have to pull a trawl behind that lawnmower...In order to catch....

Grass shrimp....!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Working days this weekend. I don't expect much effect up here in the AP unless it hangs out offshore too long. Weather gurus saying there is actually a small window of growth opportunity tomorrow. Waiting and see. After 2016, any rain event gives me jitters but even the highest rain gage forecast are still half what 2016 dumped. Other than that, I'm just hoping power don't go out. Lol

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Here's to hoping everyone makes it through this without any issues. Best case scenario would be for it to pick up speed once it lands and move the hell out of here. I'd certainly be good with that.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I live in Watson area. My immediate area did not flood in 2016, so I don't expect any water impact. I went to the local Walmart yesterday to pick up a Rx for wife, and noted that the panic shoppers were already out in force -- there was not a single loaf of bread on the shelves! Probably today I will start my generator and run it for a while (just in case). DEMCO has been really aggressive in the past months at cutting trees back around here, so perhaps we might not even lose power.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom