Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

I'm in Algiers. I expect the river to over top the levee a bit down river from me. I don't expect I'll flood, but one really never knows until it's over.

I really don't see many rain bands wrapped around this system. That could change.

So far the major effect for me, is a break for my air conditioner. It's actually cycled off several times yesterday. It's quite pleasant outside right now, with temps in the lower eighties and a nice breeze.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

User Info Menu

Work as usual but it seems like we may be closing early. Stocked up on enough adult beverages to get me through the weekend.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Watch Margaret Orr talk as if it is the end of the world and see all the people new to the city act as if they should evacuate because they heard from somebody who knows somebody who heard from somebody that works at the army Corp of engineers who said that they are preparing for the worst case scenario because they know something. I hope it is nothing and it probably will be nothing but come on. I will go to work as usual and everybody else I know will have their places close up and the kids will have their camps or schools closed and the weather will be beautiful. Of course I thought that with Katrina and lost my house so I might be completely wrong. Let’s just hope it turns out to be nothing.

And, that person who they heard something from is usually not from anywhere near here. I just want the traffic lights to work. I kid you not but I saw about 4 close calls with assholes just blowing through an intersection with the light out. Hey dummy! Didn’t you notice the 10 other cars all stopped around you?!
    Last edited by NOLASHOOTER; July 11th, 2019 at 06:30 AM.
    ‘What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end.’”

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 103M 95G View Post
    If it dumps the rain "they" are saying, you might need a boat with a go-devil or surface drive to get that grass mowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    You gotta cut the grass to smoke the grass!
    Mai la, City boys...hahaha, Everyone here knows that you have to pull a trawl behind that lawnmower...In order to catch....

Grass shrimp....!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Huh?

User Info Menu

Working days this weekend. I don't expect much effect up here in the AP unless it hangs out offshore too long. Weather gurus saying there is actually a small window of growth opportunity tomorrow. Waiting and see. After 2016, any rain event gives me jitters but even the highest rain gage forecast are still half what 2016 dumped. Other than that, I'm just hoping power don't go out. Lol
    SVTFreak

Professional Amateur

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Here's to hoping everyone makes it through this without any issues. Best case scenario would be for it to pick up speed once it lands and move the hell out of here. I'd certainly be good with that.
    Sam
    Central/Pride, Evil Black Rifle Parish(EBR), LA

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

Marksman

User Info Menu

I live in Watson area. My immediate area did not flood in 2016, so I don't expect any water impact. I went to the local Walmart yesterday to pick up a Rx for wife, and noted that the panic shoppers were already out in force -- there was not a single loaf of bread on the shelves! Probably today I will start my generator and run it for a while (just in case). DEMCO has been really aggressive in the past months at cutting trees back around here, so perhaps we might not even lose power.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Cut the grass.
    We've had so much rain up in this corner of the state that I refer to it as harvesting the seaweed! I need a mower with pontoons.
    Doug

If you do what your enemy expects, you will die.

Keytruda came, saw, and kicked my cancers ass!

Marksman

User Info Menu

We are stupid late getting summer food plots in so we will be doing that and hoping the rain comes after we are all loaded up and headed back southbound.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    We are stupid late getting summer food plots in so we will be doing that and hoping the rain comes after we are all loaded up and headed back southbound.
    I put out 50lbs of bio-logic the other day, What are you using?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.