Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

I like the cci standard velocity. Still quiet but more fps.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    Quality and Accurate.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    Absolutely. And you can buy a brick for like $30 or less. Plus it’s inherently accurate.
    Out of a 4 inch barrel (give or take) a suppressed pistol will shoot very near the same velocity and sound signature with standard velocity as it will with mini-mags, each falling well within subsonic velocities. Through the chrony, I noticed near 900fps with standard vel and just under 1000fps with minimags from my Ruger 45/22, walther P-22’s, etc. So, if I’m shooting short barrels I just stick to something along those lines. The quiet ammo and I guess I’ll call it ‘quiet plus’ is probably better suited for rifles, especially if varmint/vermin shooting with a pistol. I shot some quiet from a 4 inch revolver and it didn’t pass through both sides of a plastic coke bottle. Round was trapped in the bottle. Not gonna shoot dillo’s with that. On the other end, the quiet ammo from a marlin 25 bolt action with no suppressor was pretty dang quiet and cranked out at over 700fps.
    All that said, unless you have a barrel with a twist rate faster than 1:16 anything slower than 1000fps is rarely very accurate, so I stick to 1050 plus for squirrel hunting.
    Last edited by Magdump; September 8th, 2019 at 08:16 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

I bought several boxes of Gemtech subsonic but that stuff is roughly $50/500. Now it is very quiet. I was bumming around Academy one day and bought a couple boxes of the CCI sub-sonic 22LR. It looks like more fps (40g at 1050 fps) then the 22 Quiet. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I will buy a box of the American Eagle to try also and see how those do.
    Last edited by flamatrix99; September 8th, 2019 at 10:00 PM.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

New CCI quiet semi auto

Quote Originally Posted by flamatrix99 View Post
    I bought several boxes of Gemtech subsonic but that stuff is roughly $50/500. Now it is very quiet. I was bumming around Academy one day and bought a couple boxes of the CCI sub-sonic 22LR. It looks like more fps (40g at 1050 fps) then the 22 Quiet. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I will buy a box of the American Eagle to try also and see how those do.
    the GemTec is actually made by CCI, if I remember correctly. I still have a brick of it, didnt find it very accurate in my rifles. Im sure many suppressed rifles will have their favorite round for accuracy but Ive found the CCI standard to be the most accurate across the board until you get to the high priced target ammo. Wolf also makes some hella accurate subs/target ammo.
    CCI Subsonic HP is one of my favorite hunting loads in the 10/22.
    Last edited by Magdump; September 9th, 2019 at 08:15 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

I use the cci subsonic HP. That round is the tits for small game.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    the GemTec is actually made by CCI, if I remember correctly. I still have a brick of it, didn’t find it very accurate in my rifles. I’m sure many suppressed rifles will have their favorite round for accuracy but I’ve found the CCI standard to be the most accurate across the board until you get to the high priced target ammo. Wolf also makes some hella accurate subs/target ammo.
    CCI Subsonic HP is one of my favorite hunting loads in the 10/22.
    Mine is different then yours unless the changed the labels. I have a custom 10/22 and a couple Walther P22s that I shoot 22LR though.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Quality and Accurate.
    How clean are these?
    This is what Colt recommended for use in my ACE 1911.
    When I am out of the kinda dirty Standard Vol I have looked at them.
    Last edited by 340six; September 10th, 2019 at 01:54 PM.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flamatrix99 View Post
    Mine is different then yours unless the changed the labels. I have a custom 10/22 and a couple Walther P22s that I shoot 22LR though.

In CCI I have the 40 grain rounds listed below with FPS.
    Quiet at 710.
    Standard Velocity at 1,070.
    Target at 1,235.
    The Quiet appear to be as clean as the others but it has been a while since I shot them.

The 36 gr. hollowpoints are rated at 1,260.
    Last edited by JBP55; September 10th, 2019 at 02:06 PM.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    How clean are these?
    This is what Colt recommended for use in my ACE 1911.
    When I am out of the kinda dirty Standard Vol I have looked at them.
    So far they are cleaner than most, no sunburnt powder in the action.