cordless drills

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rpm13000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Kenner
    A few years ago I went to buy a DeWalt cordless drill and noticed Ridgid had lifetime battery replacement, so I bought it and have had 4 batteries exchanged for new ones for free. I believe they still have this program, you just need to make sure that you register the tool and batteries after purchase. Last year I bought an impact and the program was still active. I don't use these tools for anything more than stuff around the house but have been very happy with them. And it's hard to beat free batteries.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks guys!

I called Battery world. They want $40 per battery to rebuild. 2 batteries I'm at $80. If I can get a new drill for $100 I'll wait for the sale.

I have to say this has been a great drill. I rebuilt 2 houses after Katrina (so late 2005) plus various other small projects and the batteries are just now dying. No gripes...

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Stick with the 18v or 20v dewalts as the batteries seem to last much longer than any comparable models. Ryobi, Ridgid, are both junk speaking from experience. Milwalkee has some great stuff but they are expensive.

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I have used ridgid for a long time and have had no issues and I use and abuse my tools. The lifetime warranty includes batteries and is worth it. I had my old set sereviced like 5 times before i upgraded to the new stuff and so far no issues with it.

Top Bottom