cordless drills

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I have an older Dewalt 18v drill... I think I bought it before Katrina even. The batteries are about dead. Name brand replacements are expensive. Are the off brand replacements worth bothering with? Any particular brand?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Battery Depot in Hammond can rebuild also.
    About 1/2 the cost with a higher capacity
    Thanks Doc. Had no idea they existed here in Hammond.
    Camper, if you decide to buy a new drill, the Milwaukee I have has been great for about 8 years now. The original Li batteries gave up after a year, but the 2 extra capacity nearly as old as the drill are still excellent. They charge super fast too. I built 200ft of high dog ear fence nonstop a few years ago and never had to wait on a battery just using those two and I think I only charged one in between. 6 screws per board on 3 runners. I think I sunk over 1200 screws on 3 batteries. Still glad I bought that drill.

Last edited:

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I looked at the DIY rebuild option, but found it cost more to purchase the cells than to buy a compatible replacement battery.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I’m on my second Dewalt 20 volt hammer drill. The first one lasted 5 years until it got dropped off a 32’ extension ladder onto concrete. I use it 5-6 days a week and I’m not very gentle with my tools. It goes through brick like it’s nothing, the only thing it struggles with is doing holes larger than half inch through thick concrete.

Last edited:

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Battery World rebuilds the batteries too. They have done several for me at a reasonable price and time frame. They can only do ni cad and not lithium, however.

I would strongly encourage you to check with the battery stores mentioned here before you dump your current drill. I think it will be well worth your time.

Last edited:

DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I just purchased the DeWalt DCD777C2, 20v. 1/2 in. keyless chuck, brushless, lith-ion, compact drill, w. 2 batteries, charger, and bag for $99.00, and free S/H from Factory Authorized Outlet on e-bay.
    I've only used it a few times, but have been very pleased. My only complaint is the bag is too small to fit extra items like drill bit case, gloves, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom