Hurricane Guns!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Where is your EVIL muffler??

shes sitting on my 10.5" 556 sbr right now... she gets around if you know what I mean :mamoru:

Attachments

• fun.jpg
      fun.jpg
      103.3 KB · Views: 111

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    My Wife loaded up an extra magazine for her HK P2000SK. She uses the 13 rounder with grip adapter.
    I always keep my EDC Walther PPS .40 handy. Our 590 has also been ready with 00 buck.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    We ended up with a slightly different 'hurricane' gun. We decided to evac from LaPlace for the storm. The only hotel we could find at the last minute that would take pets ended up being 5 minutes away from CMP in Anniston, AL. Needless to say a visit was in order. Found a '41 Springfield Armory M1 Garand to bring home with us.

Turning out to be a good trip!!

View attachment 87453

I should have evacuated to Anniston too. Maybe I could have convinced the wife I needed the Garand to fight our way back to LaPlace, LOL.

870marinemagnum

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Slidell, LA
    12 ga 870 Marine Magnum w/ sidesaddle and surefire forend

Glock 22 w/streamlight tlr-1

Arsenal SLR 106-CR w/CNC warrior 4 piece brake, PA microdot and surefire G2 on an ultimak gas tube

Extra ammo for all three in a Chinese surplus chest rig

Attachments

• 7BAD051E-6E7E-4348-86EF-F5915BC06F79.jpg
      7BAD051E-6E7E-4348-86EF-F5915BC06F79.jpg
      228 KB · Views: 79
    Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    We ended up with a slightly different 'hurricane' gun. We decided to evac from LaPlace for the storm. The only hotel we could find at the last minute that would take pets ended up being 5 minutes away from CMP in Anniston, AL. Needless to say a visit was in order. Found a '41 Springfield Armory M1 Garand to bring home with us.

Turning out to be a good trip!!

I had to give up my planned CMP trip to come home early from TN because of the storm. Ended up with only 1.4" rain and a couple of short power outages and ran the generator for about 4 hours. Damn panic mongering weather people - my wife was convinced it was another Katrina/Rita. Should have kept motorcycling in the Smokies another day and hit the CMP on the way home as planned. :mad: :ugh: Didn't need any special guns (live in the rural Feliciana hills, so no looting danger), the regular homestead protection firearms stayed in their normal locations.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Oh I agree but still gives a good reason to play lol

I had to give up my planned CMP trip to come home early from TN because of the storm. Ended up with only 1.4" rain and a couple of short power outages and ran the generator for about 4 hours. Damn panic mongering weather people - my wife was convinced it was another Katrina/Rita. Should have kept motorcycling in the Smokies another day and hit the CMP on the way home as planned. :mad: :ugh: Didn't need any special guns (live in the rural Feliciana hills, so no looting danger), the regular homestead protection firearms stayed in their normal locations.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Since I don't leave, my options are many.

I'd probably refrain from carrying anything particularly valuable, or collectible outside the home, since the NOPD has a nasty habit of violating the rights of the citizens in Orleans.

In normal times, there's always a handgun within my reach, even when sleeping. A shotgun next to the bed is always handy.

After Katrina, I'd keep a rifle handy while working outside. An AR would be a good choice, although back then it was what I had, a Win. '94.

A good .22 rifle, preferably silenced, is good for taking care of the dogs that hunt in packs. This was a real problem after Katrina. If you own a pet, take it with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom