Security guard pulls gun on Sheriff’s Deputy (OH)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Security guard was too quick to draw and aim at anyone,period.The officer was complying by leaving.The security guard should have just followed him out of the building in an orderly manor and then returned to call 911.Yes,
    the officer should have been arrested for carrying a firearm in a no carry zone just like ANYONE else.He knew the law.But as stated earlier,some LEO
    Think they are above the law.The officer should be reprimanded to 30 days off duty and sign a paper to comply in all federal office or no carry zone
    areas.And if the officer ever did something like this again,he would be facing
    felony charges.That simple,thats what a judge would more than likely say in a courtroom.

So what should he do if he gets an all cars call to that federal building? The two responding officers had guns. The whole thing could have been avoided if he handled his personal business off the clock, but if the psycho security guard had handled himself with just a modicum respect for others or common sense it could have been prevented as well.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Here's the main question I have. What transpired in the gap between the deputy walking in, and the deputy walking out, because there is probably a fair amount of interaction not shown. I'd like to know what was said and how. I'd also like to know where the signs are posted, because I went to New Orleans with my wife to pick up specific forms back in the day when not everyone was paperless capable, and the office was leased space in a high rise. There were signs posted right inside the door, and I had carried from the parking lot, so I turned around and waited in the hall while my wife got what she needed. The rest of the building was not posted in general, and I had to walk inside the door of the leased space to see the warnings once I had entered. The space in the video appears to be a small lobby/foyer, and it doesn't show if that guard was beyond a door or behind a counter blocking further access, so to me there are further considerations to consider. That guard, though...

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A number of people have commented on how the sheriff should have taken care of this during his personal time. Every time I read that, I have to wonder if the person posting it feels the same way when they see law enforcement grabbing a bite to eat. After all, that's taking care of personal business while on duty. If one is ok with allowing law enforcement to take a break during their shift, I cannot see why stopping to ask a question is such a big deal.

And I'm sure the irony is lost on the guard they called law enforcement with guns to deal with law enforcement with a gun.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Ok you guys who think the security guard was in the right please help me understand.

I’ve watched this video repeatedly wondering what I missed. That would make one stable human being draw a weapon on another.

Ignore the badge bumping dick measuring foolishness, and look at as one human pulling a gun on another. I don’t see any justification for the security guards actions.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    A number of people have commented on how the sheriff should have taken care of this during his personal time. Every time I read that, I have to wonder if the person posting it feels the same way when they see law enforcement grabbing a bite to eat. After all, that's taking care of personal business while on duty. If one is ok with allowing law enforcement to take a break during their shift, I cannot see why stopping to ask a question is such a big deal.

And I'm sure the irony is lost on the guard they called law enforcement with guns to deal with law enforcement with a gun.

I think it was my first post I mentioned the nature of the IRS/citizen relationship is usually somewhat contentious. For this reason alone I think it would be better this be handled off duty in street clothing.

Are you sure the mouth-breathing idiot pointing a gun at a cop knows what irony is?

Edit:
    Additionally, I wouldn’t suggest seeing your wife’s divorce attorney, her boyfriend, the guy suing you about your fence, etc.

Its safe try to say avoid potentially contentious personal stuff while on duty. It just makes sense to me.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think it was my first post I mentioned the nature of the IRS/citizen relationship is usually somewhat contentious. For this reason alone I think it would be better this be handled off duty in street clothing.

Are you sure the mouth-breathing idiot pointing a gun at a cop knows what irony is?

I have found the contentious relationship is with the IRS as a whole rather than with the individual employees tasked with following their regulations. In any case, according to the articles I read, the sheriff was not there to accomplish anything. The article states he was there to get a phone number so he could later address the issue mentioned in the letter. That interaction is, in my opinion, unlikely to cause an argument with the IRS employee.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA

Here's the thing...What does his agency say about it? If his agency doesn't care if he stops to ask a question, picks up some dry cleaning as he passes the shop, goes through the bank drive-thru to deposit a check, then why the hell does anyone else give a tinker's damn? I love how people think that when someone puts on a uniform, they're suddenly a robot. My response to people like that is always this...apply, pass the background and drug screen, graduate the academy, complete the field training, armor and strap up, and show me how you do it better! When you go 12.25 hours start to finish, total vigilance the entire time, driving every street, rattling every door, catching and citing every traffic violator, being in the right place at the right time all night to deter or catch every criminally minded person, and clear all the cold cases to boot, then you can tell me that I was slacking when I ran by the post office to buy some stamps. Otherwise...

This kind of stuff comes from people who certainly don't leave their personal phone in the car while they go to work, and wouldn't countenance being told by their boss that they can't answer a text from their kid at home for the summer wanting to know how long to microwave their Hot Pocket.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here's the thing...What does his agency say about it? If his agency doesn't care if he stops to ask a question, picks up some dry cleaning as he passes the shop, goes through the bank drive-thru to deposit a check, then why the hell does anyone else give a tinker's damn? I love how people think that when someone puts on a uniform, they're suddenly a robot. My response to people like that is always this...apply, pass the background and drug screen, graduate the academy, complete the field training, armor and strap up, and show me how you do it better! When you go 12.25 hours start to finish, total vigilance the entire time, driving every street, rattling every door, catching and citing every traffic violator, being in the right place at the right time all night to deter or catch every criminally minded person, and clear all the cold cases to boot, then you can tell me that I was slacking when I ran by the post office to buy some stamps. Otherwise...

This kind of stuff comes from people who certainly don't leave their personal phone in the car while they go to work, and wouldn't countenance being told by their boss that they can't answer a text from their kid at home for the summer wanting to know how long to microwave their Hot Pocket.

I also wonder how those people would react if their boss told them they must bring their lunch to work and cannot leave during their lunch break to take care of personal business. After all, aren't they "on the clock" as well?

"Dispatcher, put me on a break at 4 Seagate."

That's usually all it takes to cover oneself. If the district is hopping, the dispatcher will deny the break.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I have found the contentious relationship is with the IRS as a whole rather than with the individual employees tasked with following their regulations. In any case, according to the articles I read, the sheriff was not there to accomplish anything. The article states he was there to get a phone number so he could later address the issue mentioned in the letter. That interaction is, in my opinion, unlikely to cause an argument with the IRS employee.

I have dealt with these people for a living for years, and I find it hard some days to remain professional. I’ve called to ask a question before, and e nded up giving a 2-3 minute monologue about what’s wrong with this country, so... There’s that. :mamoru:

The security guard at the IRS building isn’t to protect the customers but to protect the employees from the customers. Our guy is a customer.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hahaha, Guarding a IRS office vs guarding the school...Oh The irony....

The federal guards are trained to arrest your azz inside a federal building if your carrying anything posted like guns,knives,bombs,bazookas ect...

I haven't seen anything in any federal security guard job description that shows they have arrest powers. Everything I have seen lists their job as providing security and calling police if there is a problem. They are armed to protect themselves and the workers from great bodily harm or death. At no point in the video did it appear the employees were in danger of receiving great bodily harm or death.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have dealt with these people for a living for years, and I find it hard some days to remain professional. I’ve called to ask a question before, and e nded up giving a 2-3 minute monologue about what’s wrong with this country, so... There’s that. :mamoru:

The security guard at the IRS building isn’t to protect the customers but to protect the employees from the customers. Our guy is a customer.

I don't believe I said anything that would disagree with this. Does the security guard have arrest powers?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Hahaha, Guarding a IRS office vs guarding the school...Oh The irony....

The federal guards are trained to arrest your azz inside a federal building if your carrying anything posted like guns,knives,bombs,bazookas ect...

I was pulled over by a Natchez Trace Ranger once who asked if I had a bazooka. She claimed I bobble at the lines. It’s possible. Me and my wife, girlfriend at the time, were looking for a dark place to park. :naughty: Without missing a beat I told her I left it at home.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I don't believe I said anything that would disagree with this. Does the security guard have arrest powers?

:dunno:

They can’t come through the phone, so I’m gonna go with probably not. But I tend to stop saying dumb s@@@ before I say something the real police are interested in.

The biggest thing to remember here is the IRS knows the public doesn’t like them and being the police doesn’t inoculate from that. The guard doesn’t know the officer isn’t pissed about having his bank accounts levied. My point is to avoid any issues handling this off duty out of uniform is the smart thing to do.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I haven't seen anything in any federal security guard job description that shows they have arrest powers. Everything I have seen lists their job as providing security and calling police if there is a problem. They are armed to protect themselves and the workers from great bodily harm or death. At no point in the video did it appear the employees were in danger of receiving great bodily harm or death.

The one I ran into had cuffs + his Glock....I was in a federal building less than 2 months ago going to a court hearing,Got bagged searched and I had forgotten a pin knife less than 2.5 inches long in my bag....Said guard informed me to go back outside the building and return the knife to my vehicle....because he didn't feel like arresting me that day...

I'm like okay....Sorry I had missed the little knife,I did remove a hatchet from the bag first....He said he would have to arrest me if he had found the hatchet in the bag inside the building.

I'm not going to test them out,Perhaps someone else could...You know just for conversation purpous's....

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    What didn’t he comply with he was told no guns he tried to leave. Psycho pulled gun he continued to try to leave.
    The news guy said it, but I was really just kinda making light of the fact that in this case the tables were turned. I didn’t want to let on because I can already sense the butt hurt.
    The guard told Gaston he needed to put his gun in the car, Gaston said he couldn’t do that. Didn’t comply. So if by policy he actually truly could not be without his duty weapon then he should have waited until he was in civilian mode to handle that bit of business. But he’s a cop and prolly not used to following civilian rules.
    I just find it sort of amusing that the deputy is so warped as a result. Really?
    As many videos as there are of cops pointing guns at innocent people over way less and seem to never consider what that does to people. But he’s a cop and prolly doesn’t consider civilians to be actual people like cops are. The irony I found in this scenario and what the deputy says, the phrases he uses, just blew me away. Especially the ‘de-escalate’ and ‘zero to deadly force’ comments.
    So, guess I better say it now,I’m most certainly not a cop hater. I’ve just seen way too many videos of that 0.001%of bad cops doing bad things. But they’re not really the problem, just one side of the coin.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    i'm like okay....sorry i had missed the little knife,i did remove a hatchet from the bag first....he said he would have to arrest me if he had found the hatchet in the bag inside the building.

I'm not going to test them out,perhaps someone else could...you know just for conversation purpous's....
    lmao
    go gator!

Top Bottom