Security guard pulls gun on Sheriff’s Deputy (OH)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    What an idiot! Fortunately the cop realized that cooler heads prevail, and that corrective measures could be taken later. That episode of badge bumping could have gone horrificly wrong.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I almost couldn’t believe my ears...
    The deputy actually used the word De-escalate.
    Also mentioned how the guard went from zero to lethal force (not really. Cops point guns at innocent people a lot nowadays) in an instant. I will follow this case with great interest.
    Let’s see if Federal security guard trumps local Sheriff deputy.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    The Guard needs additional training or not carry a firearm.

The guard is trained fine. The P.O. is like many, many others that think they are GODS and the rules and laws don't apply to them. He learned different hopefully. He is a ***** anyway being unable to work because of emotional and psycoloical distress because a guard did his job to remove the threat from a federal office. If he is sincere he learned what private citizens deal with all over this country with P.O. pulling guns [using lethal force] on law and non-law abiding citizens The P.O. may get a few bucks off the deal but he will lose in a federal court.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    The guard is trained fine. The P.O. is like many, many others that think they are GODS and the rules and laws don't apply to them. He learned different hopefully. He is a ***** anyway being unable to work because of emotional and psycoloical distress because a guard did his job to remove the threat from a federal office. If he is sincere he learned what private citizens deal with all over this country with P.O. pulling guns [using lethal force] on law and non-law abiding citizens The P.O. may get a few bucks off the deal but he will lose in a federal court.

I could surely name a few agencies in Louisiana where this runs rampant... But over, i do agree with everything here..

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The Guard needs additional training or not carry a firearm.
    What level of training do you need to respect a badge and another human’s life. I didn’t see the sheriff at any point appear combative. There was never a point where even a layman like myself would feel a need to draw a weapon.

I’m not bothered by the sheriff going somewhere that was a gun free zone with his duty weapon, I am however bothered by him handling personal business at the IRS. Not because he’s handling personal business but the combative nature of the citizen/IRS relationship leads me to feel that he shouldn’t handle that sort of thing while on duty or dressed for duty. He should handle it as a civilian like the rest of us. Should it be a gun free zone? NO! But it is.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

So who do you think responds to calls at this office? The security guard doesn’t have arrest powers so when there is a problem they call the police. I’m not terribly old and the only time I had an officer pull a gun on me I definitely understood why he did it. I’m curious to know how many guns you have had pointed at you by the police and the scenarios. I’m guessing it’s something you heard about or read online. I had a security guard tell me I had to remove my motorcycle helmet( police issued, not full face) at a bank before I came inside. I politely declined and changed banks that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    Security guard was too quick to draw and aim at anyone,period.The officer was complying by leaving.The security guard should have just followed him out of the building in an orderly manor and then returned to call 911.Yes,
    the officer should have been arrested for carrying a firearm in a no carry zone just like ANYONE else.He knew the law.But as stated earlier,some LEO
    Think they are above the law.The officer should be reprimanded to 30 days off duty and sign a paper to comply in all federal office or no carry zone
    areas.And if the officer ever did something like this again,he would be facing
    felony charges.That simple,thats what a judge would more than likely say in a courtroom.

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    What surprises me most is the release to the public of security footage from this federal office.

Top Bottom