Security guard pulls gun on Sheriff’s Deputy (OH)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Paul Blart! LMAO
    The IRS definitely has their own ‘police force’, as do many government agencies wherein even some common Fed employees are now armed as of late, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a government employee. I also expect that the Feds will have a fresh look at their policies and devise a new one to cover this type of scenario whether or not they mention it to the public.
    Wonder if they’ve got a no firearms sign on the door...
    If the guard had shot the deputy in the back as he says he was worried about and he was wearing a vest as it appears...or maybe if he’d just tazed him...
    I don’t think much will happen here.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Paul Blart! LMAO
    The IRS definitely has their own ‘police force’, as do many government agencies wherein even some common Fed employees are now armed as of late, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a government employee. I also expect that the Feds will have a fresh look at their policies and devise a new one to cover this type of scenario whether or not they mention it to the public.
    If the guard had shot the deputy in the back as he says he was worried about and he was wearing a vest as it appears...or maybe if he’d just tazed him...

So there are 3 entities listed as defendants in the lawsuit: Seth Eklund, Paragon Systems Inc, and Praetorian Shield Inc.

Info on Praetorian Shield is sparse. Just guess but I would say they might be the link between the facility and the security company. There are a few job openings for a Federal Security Guard (Armed). I did find one in Cleveland but none in Toledo. Yet. I would have to guess they are not federal employees but rather they may be working for a company with a federal contract. I could not find anything in any of the results that stated anything about arrest powers. All of the information tends to lean toward protection, i.e., a defensive role. My prediction is the security company will throw the guy to the wolves in order to make sure nothing happens to their federal contracts. They might even add a class or two of continuing education to let the feds know they are serious about making sure this doesn't happen again.

https://www.praetorianshieldinc.com/
    https://parasys.com/
    https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=641a4c834b09a49f&tk=1dfs1207b24e1000&from=company

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Paul Blart! LMAO

They do but I believe their police force mainly investigates federal crimes relative to the IRS. Unless they are extended the courtesy by the local law enforcement, their arrest power with respect to state and local laws are akin to a civilian. In fact, it's highly suggested they don't detain anyone unless they witness a felony. And some of them also man a call center in India.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    They do but I believe their police force mainly investigates federal crimes relative to the IRS. Unless they are extended the courtesy by the local law enforcement, their arrest power with respect to state and local laws are akin to a civilian. In fact, it's highly suggested they don't detain anyone unless they witness a felony. And some of them also man a call center in India.
    Wonder what a recruiter class looks like. You think they get certified on the Automatic mailer?

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I had to go to the irs office in BR this week. I knew going in no weapons of any kind. All left in the truck before I went in. The building is not a federal building, but the door leading into their office had the obvious no no sticker on it. The guard at the desk only allowed 1 person at a time to enter the office, dump all contents of pockets in bowl, get a wand all over then proceed. The minute the officer went into the office I assume he was on federal turf, being told to leave and come back when not armed (uniform or not) should have been all it took. Security for the office should have never left his office, I would assume that is where his jurisdiction ended. If he felt threatened past that, calling other offices was the appropriate step.
    Do officers have to give up their weapons (on duty) while going to other federal buildings or offices?

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Do officers have to give up their weapons (on duty) while going to other federal buildings or offices?

I haven't had to travel to any federal buildings, and I'm used to court on the Northshore where uniformed officers/deputies pack in court. Went to New Orleans Civil Court to testify in a traffic case where a guy was suing to get beyond the limits of his policy, and had to disarm and have my weapons locked up by the cop at the entrance. Felt naked walking around in uniform but unarmed, don't like it at all.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I haven't had to travel to any federal buildings, and I'm used to court on the Northshore where uniformed officers/deputies pack in court. Went to New Orleans Civil Court to testify in a traffic case where a guy was suing to get beyond the limits of his policy, and had to disarm and have my weapons locked up by the cop at the entrance. Felt naked walking around in uniform but unarmed, don't like it at all.

New Orleans Criminal Court is the same way. So is the criminal courthouse in Allen Parish. I believe the one in Donaldson is as well. West Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge, Iberville, and Livingston do not make officers disarm. The ones that I have been to that do provide a locker for the officers to store their weapon in the courthouse so they are not walking disarmed in an area (like outside) where the general public can be armed.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom