Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Curfews!

  1. #11
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtattoo79 View Post
    Quick reply because this is off topic: I will never feel forced to follow a Curfew. If a Curfew is in effect I won’t joy ride around but, I will go get things I need and or check on family.
    Yeah and I don’t think that is out of line, I think if you can muster up a half believable story about why you are out, then reasonable people should be able to reach reasonable conclusions.

  2. #12
    Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtattoo79 View Post
    What’s good about a Curfew?
    It separates the citizens from the targets after dark.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

  3. #13
    Not a Fed.

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    It separates the citizens from the targets after dark.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.




  4. #14
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    We had a big problem with generators growing legs after Katrina, I can understand a curfew in that aspect.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  5. #15
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    Curfews are common, and a good thing..
    UH..NO. In what world is restricting your constitutional rights EVER a good thing. I DO NOT abide by ANY curfew and make it known when I am stopped. They pulled that BS during Gustov.
    Be Prepared!! Exsisto Paratus

    Molon labe!! Come and get them!

  6. #16
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by meauxcg View Post
    UH..NO. In what world is restricting your constitutional rights EVER a good thing. I DO NOT abide by ANY curfew and make it known when I am stopped. They pulled that BS during Gustov.
    See the above replies.

    Curfews are a tool used very rarely to protect citizens. They aren't in place to restrict rights. Anyone with a good reason to be out and about during a curfew won't have a problem. "Muh Rights" isn't a good reason.
    -- Austin

    "There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan


    Failing to plan is planning to fail.

  7. #17
    Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtattoo79 View Post
    What’s good about a Curfew?
    Quote Originally Posted by xobelkcat View Post
    To keep the roads clear for emergency personnel.
    Quote Originally Posted by meauxcg View Post
    UH..NO. In what world is restricting your constitutional rights EVER a good thing. I DO NOT abide by ANY curfew and make it known when I am stopped. They pulled that BS during Gustov.
    That is your prerogative, but realize:

    After Katrina, there was no jail. They used chain link kennels at the train depot to hold prisoners. Those prisoners received swift trials, about a month later when the judges started returning to the city.

    You might beat the charges, but do you really want to sit in a dog kennel, in the heat, in the weather, for a month, while you wait for your day in court ?

    On the other hand, you might be mistaken for a looter after dark, shot, and never heard from again. Except by the crabs in lower St. Bernard.

    Your decision.

    Personally, I think a responsible person can take care of all of their necessary business during daylight hours. Only a medical emergency would force me to break curfew.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

  8. #18
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    See the above replies.

    Curfews are a tool used very rarely to protect citizens. They aren't in place to restrict rights. Anyone with a good reason to be out and about during a curfew won't have a problem. "Muh Rights" isn't a good reason.
    It would be an annoying reason. Not necessarily wrong, just annoying. The curfew acts as an extra tool for officers at that point to sort through the good, bad and annoying. If you are out during a curfew expect to have a convo with a LEO. PS: don’t be a dick when they stop you. They have enough crap to deal with during storms.

  9. #19
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    That is your prerogative, but realize:

    After Katrina, there was no jail. They used chain link kennels at the train depot to hold prisoners. Those prisoners received swift trials, about a month later when the judges started returning to the city.

    You might beat the charges, but do you really want to sit in a dog kennel, in the heat, in the weather, for a month, while you wait for your day in court ?

    On the other hand, you might be mistaken for a looter after dark, shot, and never heard from again. Except by the crabs in lower St. Bernard.

    Your decision.

    Personally, I think a responsible person can take care of all of their necessary business during daylight hours. Only a medical emergency would force me to break curfew.
    I disagree on responsible people being able to get everything done during daylight hours. That’s just not always gonna be the case. I also think location is a big factor on a good enough reason for me personally to break curfew. Were I live I wouldn’t fear for my safety driving around, but I wouldn’t go walking far from my house. Again curfews are a good tool to temporarily bring a little bit of order to a chaotic time, so staying off the roads and close to home to help cut down on unnecessary contact helps allow emergency personal to focus on the more important needs. Another words I need a excuse to go joy riding.

  10. #20
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    It would be an annoying reason. Not necessarily wrong, just annoying. The curfew acts as an extra tool for officers at that point to sort through the good, bad and annoying. If you are out during a curfew expect to have a convo with a LEO. PS: don’t be a dick when they stop you. They have enough crap to deal with during storms.
    If there is a curfew in place and someone intentionally goes out driving around, they are breaking the law. An excuse of "exercising muh rights, curfew be illegal" could yield shiny new bracelets and a free ride to somewhere less pleasant. On the contrary, if you are coming from / going to work or are going somewhere where you have a valid reason, it's more likely that you'll be told okay, well please try to stay off the roads and be safe.

    Driving around and protesting a curfew is similar to walking around in a Walmart with an AR - it's stupid and is likely illegal.
    -- Austin

    "There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan


    Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •