Cop Sues Gun Maker

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My favorite statement from the article:
    No gun company can overcome Darwin.

Hahaha! Ya can’t outrun Darwin!
    A bigger issue went unchecked for many years with a very popular Remington rifle that could basically fire on its own or when the safety was engaged. It was a problem they knew about for many years. The fix was pennies per rifle and had been laid at their feet by one of the company’s primary engineers. People died as a result.

Ruger did a voluntary update on their old revolvers to run from Darwin, and people who chose to carry a full 6 in the cylinder. But there was no recall.

Sig 320 has the same issue as do other firearms...when carried with a round in the pipe and dropped.

This guy’s a cop and has surely had some degree of firearms training, yet chose to carry and handle a firearm in condition one in his home around his family with a careless grip. If you ask me, he should fall to his knees and thank God for sparing his family any injury or death due to his carelessness and stupidity.

Glocks are inadvertently fired (by a pull of the trigger) quite often (apparently) because they don’t have a safety... watch that holster transition and those jacket pull strings guys! Full of Dar-Win right there!
    If I were on the jury I’d have to side with the gun manufacturer.
    Btw, I’d be willing to bet that somewhere in the box for said firearm resides a written warning that would have advised against how the cop handled that pistol...
    But you can’t overcome Darwin!

Last edited:

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you suggesting that a cop carry a striker-fired (or any other) pistol without a round in the chamber? You are aware that he dropped a properly holstered pistol? Cop or not, I don't know of anyone who would carry a defensive pistol on an empty chamber (if I understand your post correctly).
    There is the occasional YouTube Mall Ninja simulating an Israeli draw and rack; but those speak for themselves. There is a reason those who carry a gun professionally keep a chambered round.
    You referred to it as "condition one," however most striker-fireds such as Glock would technically be conditioned two with a chambered round. Obviously there is no provision for decocking a striker-fired pistol, but the so-called safe action is pretty well accepted, industry wide, as double action. Not sure if I'm missing something here; I read it as you are suggesting the owner was somehow incompetent or negligent.
    There's a reason metropolitan departments only approve trial tested firearms from reputable manufacturers, and not a Taurus or High Point. They must be able to withstand day-to-day impact and manipulation.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom