2020 Vette with Leno

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    The poor man's supercar......but here are my guestimates on production figures....
    Year / Units
    2020 28,000 units based of the novelty and repeat owners needing the next generation to follow tradition
    2021 19,000 units as those above finally crack and let loose of their C7s,and priors as they succumb to peer pressure.
    2022 12,000 units, it's no longer alone, Hyundai, Kia, and Mazda spit out cheap imitations of the Corvette, Nissan debuts the next generation Z - mid engine too.
    2023 6,500 units as the New Green Deal gains momentum, Drones fill our needs, Personal Transportation is on the outs.
    2024 1,800 units, as pending legislation requires any personal transportation device be solar or wind powered, Corvette owners are imprisoned for their ways.
    2025 End of story for the C8

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Not sure if you guys have driven any of the newer higher powered vehicles with the 8 plus speed transmissions?

These cars are very good, and the multi speed transmissions really do make a huge difference in driveabilty.

I had a 16 charger, hemi with the 8 spd, fast car.

Swapped it out for a 18 mustang gt, 5.0 with the 10spd, even better than the charger.

The latest batch of v8 engines are light years ahead of the old crap. My stang does about 450 hp to the tires, bone stock. Old small blocks would melt trying to do that on pump gas.

Plus the build quality, even GM, is way better than even 5yrs ago. I work on/drive/inspect new cars all day and they are constantly improving.

If the new vette actually sells for 60k once dealers get them it will be a great deal. Not sure if i would buy the 1st batch as I can imagine GM will beta test the owners... Look for some recalls and cooling system issues, possibly drive-line issues too.

As far as driving a vette daily, unless you are physically disabled or the size of a house (I am 290 and still fit) it would not be much of an issue. The 18 stang has plenty of room for the front occupants. Trunk storage and the back seat suffer, but I just commute with the car. Having a daily driver with a sub 4 second 0-60 and a 12 second 1/4 is certainly nice. And bone stock with a warranty does not hurt either. Plus I have 8 million options for interior lighting colors!!! Who could ask for more!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The rear trunk on the new Vette holds an alleged two sets of golf clubs, plus I'm thinking it may have a front trunk. Seems like plenty of storage space.

I'm considering getting a new vehicle in 2020 or 2021 and my options are currently:
    GMC Sierra Denali
    Mercedes C63 S - AMG
    2020 Vette

Thoughts?

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    The rear trunk on the new Vette holds an alleged two sets of golf clubs, plus I'm thinking it may have a front trunk. Seems like plenty of storage space.

I'm considering getting a new vehicle in 2020 or 2021 and my options are currently:
    GMC Sierra Denali
    Mercedes C63 S - AMG
    2020 Vette

Thoughts?

Check insurance rates, # 2 & 3 prob as much as car note

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

GMC Sierra Denali
    Mercedes C63 S - AMG
    2020 Vette

Thoughts?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

GMC Sierra Denali
    Mercedes C63 S - AMG
    2020 Vette

Thoughts?

Yuppie is my first thought,Am I wrong?

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123

GMC Sierra Denali
    Mercedes C63 S - AMG
    2020 Vette

Thoughts?

Toyota Camry
    Currently driving an 07 SE V6 - 230,000 miles!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I agree, it’s certainly an excellent car in its own right and if I could fit, it would be on my wish list for Santa. The Corvette isn’t just a cool car, it’s a sum of 65 years of lineage. Those who are Corvette guys first and car guys second will be the ones who wail and nash their teeth. If the engineers would have made the switch when technology first made the mid-engine viable the tradition would have been to stay on the cutting edge, but 65 years of a front engine rwd 2door roadster exists. Honestly it’s of no consequence to me I’ll never own any of them front or rear engine, but I will always admire them as beautiful and I’m sure fun cars.
    Lotta truth to this. Being a car buff I’ve followed the lineage of the corvette year by year over my lifetime and for many years of that, GM has definitely pushed the vette as the US answer to the European super cars. This really heated up with the inception of the ZR-1.
    As far as the long foreseen swap in engine location, they’ve been fighting with not rear or mid mounting the power plant for 2 decades at least, even moving the driveline rearward trying to get that 50/50 balance. Consider how long they clung to a bit of old tech and how long it prolly held them back. Or has it?
    Harley Davidson is another example. Even with their Buell line of bikes, they’ve never been able to keep up with the super bike lineup. Kinda hard to do that with 100 year old engine designs...but do they really need to keep up with the Jap and Italian race bred bikes? They have a deep niche as it is so why did they waste so much time and money trying to make a Harley into something it’s not? Did they ever really need to?

I believe the Corvette will always be an American supercar in its own right. Somewhere in the future GM may realize that they were never supposed to keep up with Ferrari or that many of the things they changed or took away just happened to be the main selling points of their cars. Maybe one day a car company will truly go retro just enough to build a more simple car that lets you spin the tires and lock up the brakes and hear the noise and get it loose and feel the road and remember what they forgot...the reasons that 1970 muscle car appeals to real drivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom