Illegal SBR arrest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Kenneth Kindlon, 47, previously admitted that in 2016 he had an unregistered 5.56 caliber rifle with a 10 and a half inch barrel. Kindlon showed the rifle to someone who was looking to buy firearms and firearm parts.

..sounds like he made some poor decisions...sounds like he made more poor decisions after the fact.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    ATF doing God’s work ruining a mans life over 6 inches of a barrel on a constitutionally granted right.

what a bunch of ****ing idiots.

Im in law enforcement and yes I too think ATF are a bunch of idiots that need to be deregulated and abolished. The continually overstep their authority, and make up laws as *opinions* like people change hairstyles.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, So there is a national firearms registration....This is the next step boys and girls....All firearms will be needed to be registered here so.....The liberal idiots can send the leo/military to round em up....

Problem is,I believe SOME of the local sheriffs will tell them to go toss off....Military???

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, So there is a national firearms registration....This is the next step boys and girls....All firearms will be needed to be registered here so.....The liberal idiots can send the leo/military to round em up....

Problem is,I believe SOME of the local sheriffs will tell them to go toss off....Military???

for any NFA rifle there is a national registration. Been that was since the 1930’s.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    ATF doing God’s work ruining a mans life over 6 inches of a barrel on a constitutionally granted right.

Im in law enforcement and yes I too think ATF are a bunch of idiots that need to be deregulated and abolished. The continually overstep their authority, and make up laws as *opinions* like people change hairstyles.

My inner and external agree whole heartedly but it’s still illegal to build an SBR without mommy and daddy’s permission. This case is like speed limits in certain places we all know should be faster. If you get a ticket it ain’t the cops fault. Now we may get made because he used some outlandish or dangerous tactic to make the ‘bust’ if you can call if that, but be mad at those keeping the law stupid and arbitrary.

Oh and 6inches ruins a lot of lives. Just not normally with rifles. :rofl:

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

All of the ATF agents I've met are polite, intelligent individuals. They are doing their jobs. All of the enforcement officers I've met are prior military SF.

Policies are set by politicians. That's who we have a beef with. Not the agents who enforce those policies.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    All of the ATF agents I've met are polite, intelligent individuals. They are doing their jobs. All of the enforcement officers I've met are prior military SF.

Policies are set by politicians. That's who we have a beef with. Not the agents who enforce those policies.

Agreed.
    I own several NFA items and all dealings with ATF folks I’ve had were professional and easy.
    They enforce the laws set by oftentimes corrupt politicians.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    My inner and external agree whole heartedly but it’s still illegal to build an SBR without mommy and daddy’s permission. This case is like speed limits in certain places we all know should be faster. If you get a ticket it ain’t the cops fault. Now we may get made because he used some outlandish or dangerous tactic to make the ‘bust’ if you can call if that, but be mad at those keeping the law stupid and arbitrary.

Oh and 6inches ruins a lot of lives. Just not normally with rifles. :rofl:

Traffic speed limits are not a constitutional right.

and yes ATF can, and will create an opinion that very well could turn your rifle into an illegal item.

Just take a look at what they did on their opinion of OAL on pistols with braces.

A politician did not make that opinion. ATF did.

there is a soon to be case headed to the Supreme Court that deals with all of this that will hopefully be won and finally put a leash on the ATF.

Top Bottom