Off road trails

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Is there anywhere in the river parish region that you can legally take a truck and mud ride?

There are some clubs that host group rides. But all the years I lived down there self guided legal riding was a rare thing to find. The clubs are mostly Jeep clubs so typically the trails they ride aren’t conducive to big trucks so if you’re talking about a Taco or some other smaller or single cab short bed you could follow but don’t expect to fit through in a big crew cab f250.

Most of the clubs have Facebook pages and don’t use message boards much anymore. LA4x4 is probably the biggest, but there are tons of them.

maddenfreak13

wannabe operator
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2007
    Houma, LA
    Thanks for the reply bangswitch, I have a 15 f150 supercrew with a 3* lift on 35s. i looked up la4x4 on facebook it looked like mostly jeeps so idk. I kinda have a place but damn near got stuck yesterday and dont wanna tear it up as its not my property.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Thanks for the reply bangswitch, I have a 15 f150 supercrew with a 3* lift on 35s. i looked up la4x4 on facebook it looked like mostly jeeps so idk. I kinda have a place but damn near got stuck yesterday and dont wanna tear it up as its not my property.

Then I would avoid Catahoula then. You can fit most places but breaking stuff is a likely occurrence.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

LA 4x4 is mostly jeeps but an occasional "other" comes out to one of the rides. I've seen a Toyota 4Runner, a Dodge Dakota, and a military surplus Humvee out on the trails before. And most of the rides are more about obstacles than they are about just playing in the mud. In general, the Jeeps have a shorter wheelbase and a better approach and departure angle so they tend to do better on the trails. The 4Runner lost its rear bumper cover. The Dakota got suck in a ravine. The Humvee did pretty good on the trails it wasn't too wide to go down.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    There are all kinds of technical trails on CAT, but right now its pretty dry.. When its wet, it is slick as slime and you need to air down to even move.. Your truck would be ok with some of the trails and be sure you have a winch and tree saver.. just incase.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    There are all kinds of technical trails on CAT, but right now its pretty dry.. When its wet, it is slick as slime and you need to air down to even move.. Your truck would be ok with some of the trails and be sure you have a winch and tree saver.. just incase.

Never been when we didn’t use a winch on someone. Sometimes I miss it. But knucklebusting to get back on the trail every few months got old after a while probably had a lot to do with my right foot and my testicular fortitude more than the trails of my rig.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Since i have had my Jeep I only went off road once. I am to afraid of breaking something big and it is my daily driver.

dc6xbf6y8c2xecknoo19.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]

c8mt5veu0d3427uf8d1y.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom