Glock Frame Damage Suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    How would y’all handle this damage ? Sand it down perhaps ? Throw on a sleeve and call it a day ? I really enjoy the RTF texture of these guns. 46468BC6-8439-42CE-BB41-438127581CBD.png

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    an acquaintance of mine had his lab chew up the grip on his G26 not once but twice, both times he sent it to Glock and they replaced his frame for like $50 each time. That might be an option

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    I’d simply give Glock a call and ask if they can repair that specific RTF frame since they may no longer produce the part or have reserves of it.
    If so, send it in and eat the nominal fee to get your pistol correct.
    If not, make it a home brewed modern art masterpiece you can work with...

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Safariland recommends scotch brite pads to remove scratches on some holsters. Might give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Wait? Dogs eat Glocks ?

True story.
    Left the G26 on his coffee table. Next morning the lab was mauling the grip. He said the mag had been ejected and base plate was chewed off. Mag spring, follower, bullets were scattered on the floor. Still one in the chamber.
    This was a few years ago.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    True story.
    Left the G26 on his coffee table. Next morning the lab was mauling the grip. He said the mag had been ejected and base plate was chewed off. Mag spring, follower, bullets were scattered on the floor. Still one in the chamber.
    This was a few years ago.

Holy crap Batman! That could have gotten nasty in a hurry !

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Please don't stipple it. It's foolish to compromise the integrity of the frame, and it will destroy any semblance of resale that the gun might have.

I'd call Glock and see if they'll replace the frame (I don't know if they have replacement Gen 3 RTF frames). The downside is that the new frame will have a mismatched serial number. I did that with a Glock 36; a previous owner decided to stipple the frame, I picked it up for cheap, and even with the cost of a new frame I was still money ahead.

Or, just shoot it as it is.

Mike

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    If it was mine I would send it in to Glock.
    I never sent them anything but have to S&W, Colt, and Ruger and a,few more.
    Most major companies are great.
    And Ruger ,Colt and S&W Refused to take my money more than once.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If it was mine I would send it in to Glock.
    I never sent them anything but have to S&W, Colt, and Ruger and a,few more.
    Most major companies are great.
    And Ruger ,Colt and S&W Refused to take my money more than once.

Glock is similarly fantastic.

I picked up a used Glock 30 that I didn't examine particularly closely (my bad). When I got home I realized that someone had stippled the frame. This, in my opinion, renders the frame garbage. The gun had been well used and the springs were weak, so I packaged it up and sent it to Glock to see what they would do.

Glock replaced everything except for the slide and barrel. I had to pay for the new frame -- and as I mentioned before, the new frame has a "replacement" serial number -- but the gun shoots like a dream now. And I don't plan to sell it, so I'm fine with the mismatched numbers.

Mike

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    How would y’all handle this damage ? Sand it down perhaps ? Throw on a sleeve and call it a day ? I really enjoy the RTF texture of these guns. View attachment 87807

I got to be honest when you said frame damage I was thinking something less superficial. I would lightly sand it. Not till it’s smooth just enough to remove any burs. But I couldn’t give a crap about what most of my guns look like, just how well the run.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I got to be honest when you said frame damage I was thinking something less superficial. I would lightly sand it. Not till it’s smooth just enough to remove any burs. But I couldn’t give a crap about what most of my guns look like, just how well the run.

My old duty gun looked similar to that from an on duty motorcycle crash. The ops glock appears to have taken a nice slide as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom