Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pops

User Info Menu

Internet Provider

Currently I am with Cox as my internet provider. Of course they keep going up in cost so I am looking for other options. Let me hear what others are using for internet access.

Thanks

Marksman

User Info Menu

AT&T fiber 1 gig up and down for $90 per month.

enthusiast

User Info Menu

Att here for 2 years, so far so good, fiber 1gb bandwidth
    Stephen

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mforsta View Post
    Currently I am with Cox as my internet provider. Of course they keep going up in cost so I am looking for other options. Let me hear what others are using for internet access.

Thanks
    We just moved and Cox is the provider in that area. We called about Internet and about died when being told the prices. Gonna call ATT next to see what they offer.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I really can't wait until SpaceX gets their LEO Internet satelllites up and running so that I can ditch my ISP and get Space Internet. When this happens all of the cable companies will have a shit because we will not be reliant on having some incumbent ISP run cable to our house. I had to fight for 6 to 8 months to even get Charter to admit they serviced my house when we built it. Unfortunately being in a rural part of the state limits me to one provider right now although I called and threatened to cut my service so they gave me promo pricing again.

On Target

User Info Menu

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lottem View Post
    Too many bandwidth restrictions and the latency is too high. With the new crop of Low earth orbit satellites the latency will be more reasonable at ~20ms and with the large constellations they are going to put up it should not be bandwidth/data limited like current providers.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mforsta View Post

Thanks
    Call and threaten to cancel unless they cut the price down. Tell them you’re gonna switch to whoever else is in the area because those people offered you the same shit at _____ dollars. Do this once a year every time your prices start to go up.

User Info Menu

we have ATT and have not had any issues.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Call and threaten to cancel unless they cut the price down. Tell them you’re gonna switch to whoever else is in the area because those people offered you the same shit at _____ dollars. Do this once a year every time your prices start to go up.
    This is what I do when my yearly Cox agreement is about to expire. When I tell them I'm going to cancel the whole bundle ( TV, phone, internet, and security) they quickly come up w. a "special" offer, matching or less than my current cost.