Opinions on SNS Coated Bullets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Trying SNS, 45acp, LRN, coated bullets in 230grain.
    Anybody else using their coated bullets and have opinions they would like to share?
    Thanks.

Blaize

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Saint amant
    Never used them, but have you tried some Bayou Bullets? Made right here in our very own back yard of Reserve Louisiana. Try their 200gr SWC, with about 4.0-4.5 grains of W231, or HP-38. They make really nice holes in paper, super accurate and a pure joy to shoot. Your barrel will also not lead up, and look like it was still new.

xxBERGxx

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Pretty sure he sold the company to someone else. They are still being made. You can purchase them at LA Gun and Reloading on Jefferson Hwy. I have been shooting them for years with good results.

Blaize

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Saint amant
    Yep, they still make em. You can order online and pick them up in store also. Mr.Dennis owns the company, great guy to deal with, stop by a chat with him or call him sometime.

rifleman985

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula
    I have been using SNS for about six months now. I reload 9mm, 45ACP, and 30 carbine with them. They seem to shoot great. No trouble with them so far.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Guys at 1911 forum give The SNS great reviews for years now. But I would get the local stuff.
    As far as Bayou Bullets MR. Donnie. I was talking to him a year ago. He said that he sold the company to someone else. But retained the Coating Rights. I believe it is imported. He said the Bullets are the same as they have always been same everyting other than hin being owner.
    Mr. Donnie does sell the "Coating" to Bayou Bullets as well on the open market.
    I do know that his coating is talked about as being better than most others on sites like Castboolits
    If and when I go that route I will buy from him.

Last edited:

pixfella58

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Houma, LA
    I tried their 200 gr TC bullets in 40. They shot fine but I'm sticking with the Bayou 200RN and keep my business local plus Dennis is a great guy to deal with.

Top Bottom