Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Take a Card. Any Card.

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Opinions on SNS Coated Bullets

Trying SNS, 45acp, LRN, coated bullets in 230grain.
    Anybody else using their coated bullets and have opinions they would like to share?
    Thanks.
    “We Sackett boys never killed anything we didn't need to eat unless it was coming at us.”

On Target

User Info Menu

Never used them, but have you tried some Bayou Bullets? Made right here in our very own back yard of Reserve Louisiana. Try their 200gr SWC, with about 4.0-4.5 grains of W231, or HP-38. They make really nice holes in paper, super accurate and a pure joy to shoot. Your barrel will also not lead up, and look like it was still new.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I thought Donnie quit selling the bullets?
    Am I missing something?
    Like quit casting them a few years ago?
    """ When Donnie speaks, listen! I Do! """

Marksman

User Info Menu

Pretty sure he sold the company to someone else. They are still being made. You can purchase them at LA Gun and Reloading on Jefferson Hwy. I have been shooting them for years with good results.

Take a Card. Any Card.

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Thanks. I'll look them up for my next purchase.
    “We Sackett boys never killed anything we didn't need to eat unless it was coming at us.”

On Target

User Info Menu

Yep, they still make em. You can order online and pick them up in store also. Mr.Dennis owns the company, great guy to deal with, stop by a chat with him or call him sometime.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Yep, they still make em. You can order online and pick them up in store also. Mr.Dennis owns the company, great guy to deal with, stop by a chat with him or call him sometime.
    Thanks.
    """ When Donnie speaks, listen! I Do! """

User Info Menu

I have been using SNS for about six months now. I reload 9mm, 45ACP, and 30 carbine with them. They seem to shoot great. No trouble with them so far.

Marksman

User Info Menu

We at Louisiana Gun, carry the Bayou Bullet line in 100ct bags & 500ct boxes. Dennis Olsen was making bullets with Donnie for many years. He now owns the company and is making bullets in Reserve.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Guys at 1911 forum give The SNS great reviews for years now. But I would get the local stuff.
    As far as Bayou Bullets MR. Donnie. I was talking to him a year ago. He said that he sold the company to someone else. But retained the Coating Rights. I believe it is imported. He said the Bullets are the same as they have always been same everyting other than hin being owner.
    Mr. Donnie does sell the "Coating" to Bayou Bullets as well on the open market.
    I do know that his coating is talked about as being better than most others on sites like Castboolits
    If and when I go that route I will buy from him.
    Last edited by 340six; September 11th, 2019 at 12:02 PM.