Dayton, OH: 9 dead, 16 injured

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Nine people were killed and at least 27 injured Sunday in a shooting in a popular nightclub district of downtown Dayton, Ohio, police say.

Officers killed the lone suspect after he fired for less than a minute from a ".223 high-capacity" gun, and he had additional magazines with him, Mayor Nan Whaley said. The .223 caliber is used in rifles like the AR-15 assault rifle used in previous mass shootings.

Deb Decker, public information officer for Montgomery County, said the shooter used an assault rifle.

The event followed by 13 hours a shooting that left 20 dead in El Paso, Texas.

The Dayton shooting took place about 1 a.m. on East Fifth Street in the city's Oregon District, Dayton Deputy Director and Assistant Chief of Police Lt. Col. Matt Carper said early Sunday morning.

He said police have identified a suspect but not released a name.

Carper said the shooter fired multiple rounds from "a very large gun, in technical terms." The shooting happened as the suspect was making his way toward a bar called Ned Peppers, Decker said.

Someone from Ned Peppers grabbed the barrel of the rifle, and the shooter "picked up a handgun and was willing to continue shooting," Decker said, when police arrived and killed the shooter.

The shooter wore body armor, she said.

No officers were injured, Carper said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/04/us/dayton-ohio-active-shooter/index.html

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Just think what would happen if all of the evil guns that have been lost in horrific boating accidents were to crawl out of the ocean depths and start killing innocent people. Not a word about the 300+ deaths in Chicago so far this year. They got their white male shooters that fit their narrative. Now they will again punish law abiding gun owners.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Just think what would happen if all of the evil guns that have been lost in horrific boating accidents were to crawl out of the ocean depths and start killing innocent people. Not a word about the 300+ deaths in Chicago so far this year. They got their white male shooters that fit their narrative. Now they will again punish law abiding gun owners.

I'll am hearing is about systemic racism..... And how we do not use the word terrorism for white people. The world is too crazy, and the media is run by whackos that prefer to see us burn

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    The Chief said LE responded and some had patrol rifles. But the shooter had a assault rifle. Their rifles sound less deadly don't they

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I just watched the new conference and they showed the item used. It was one of those “pistols” built on a poverty pony lower with a brace and one of those beta mag style mags.

Don’t be surprised if more restrictions come down the pipe.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I just watched the new conference and they showed the item used. It was one of those “pistols” built on a poverty pony lower with a brace and one of those beta mag style mags.

It’s getting harder for politicians to defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I just watched the new conference and they showed the item used. It was one of those *pistols* built on a poverty pony lower with a brace and one of those beta mag style mags.

Congress will reconvene and whatever they pass mr t will sign it. He might even EO the destruction of our second amendment rights. He already is off to a good start.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

That is Obama Town. Seems like he would have tried to fix it as Senator. Or in the 8 years as President. That is why there is no love from him or the other Dems.from conseritves. They do not want to fix things.
    Slight of hand like a magician.
    Tell them it is some else's fault and keep them in check with lies and crumbs to get by.
    The Democrats do not want prosperity and racial harmony. They want a voter base. As far as the boating accident there is now my Dog Eat it.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Both shooters yesterday had hearing protection on. They were either going to die or go to prison for the rest of their life but they worried about hearing protection

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    One video sounded like one was set to full auto

I have wondered if departments had to jump threw hoops to get good stuff in hand so they would not be outgunned.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    What’s this suppose to mean?

He is just posting wild here. Posted that to this Ohio thread instead. Thinking this was the Wal-Mart thread. I guess is there are job opeings due to the deaths.
    As in a joke?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom