Chasing the reds in Grand Isle with the queen bee

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The bee man has been pretty busy lately taking care of the bees but took the weekend off to head down to the island to chase some redfish. I promised my wife we would fish more this year so I’m trying to keep my promise. Fished Saturday morning and Sunday morning in the marsh. We fished out of our 12 foot Creek Boat and it performed really good. The trolling motor ran really well and the battery lasted for 4-5 hours each day and easily could have went a few more hours. We love it after a long day fishing as you put the variable speed dial on wide open and head to the truck.
    Saturday was not as good as Sunday but we managed to bring one nice red home plus two black drum and two specks. We were fishing bait shrimp under a cork set at about 18 inches.
    On Sunday the day was crazy as we got soaked right when we hit the water and later on in the day I managed to let a catfish stick it’s fin in my thigh. It was a small one,but man that did not feel good. The fishing made up for it as we brought home 4 beautiful reds and one speck. We had some live shrimp on Sunday and they seemed to do a little better. We should had have 5 reds as my wife caught a very nice red in the 22-23 inch range, but the bee man tried to land him using my hand instead of the lip gripper and we lost the fish at the boat. My wife was a good sport about it and we kept on fishing. It was a beautiful fish and we probably would of let it go, but my wife holding the fish would have made a nice photo. Besides the reds and specks we caught all kinds of other fish. We caught a mangrove snapper, a crap load of catfish, a bunch of lady fish and some black drum and croakers. All in all we had a great time and had some tasty grilled fish Saturday night. One of my cousins was at the camp so we were able to share our good fortunes with his family. We were happy to have some fresh fish in the freezer and we plan to use some for a redfish Couvillion in the near future.
    There is still time to go catch some fish,so get on out with the family and go get em.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Here are the fish from Sunday.
    8c0621c35412f34f646ef6e81181a83b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marlin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    Nice catch, we didn't fish Sunday but had a good day Saturday. It was a great weekend on the Island

Top Bottom