More Red Flag Laws, Watch what you say on social media.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    All the concern right now makes about as much sense as talking about how good *a sandwich* is. We don’t know if it’s a **** sandwich, a subway sandwich, Jimmy jons, or some hipster made artisan avocado club thing. Right now they’re talking ultra vague policy prescriptions that could be good or could be bad.

I do know that Facebook’s ad targeting is insanely good. They’re able to tell what emotions people are feeling and when, based on a user giving enough input. It’s good enough people often see something they want at the store, but don’t buy, then come home and see it in a targeted ad. If Facebook notices some dude just got dumped, started posting about Satan, panic at the disco, recent mass shootings, anarchoenvironmentalism, liberating folks from border concentration camps, and posting pictures with his brand new AR-15 while wearing his Captain Spaulding outfit and makeup, I don’t see an issue with local law enforcement being notified. I would especially be okay with it if immigration reform got rolled into the same bill so there was a good trade involved.

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    All the concern right now makes about as much sense as talking about how good *a sandwich* is. We don’t know if it’s a **** sandwich, a subway sandwich, Jimmy jons, or some hipster made artisan avocado club thing. Right now they’re talking ultra vague policy prescriptions that could be good or could be bad.

I do know that Facebook’s ad targeting is insanely good. They’re able to tell what emotions people are feeling and when, based on a user giving enough input. It’s good enough people often see something they want at the store, but don’t buy, then come home and see it in a targeted ad. If Facebook notices some dude just got dumped, started posting about Satan, panic at the disco, recent mass shootings, anarchoenvironmentalism, liberating folks from border concentration camps, and posting pictures with his brand new AR-15 while wearing his Captain Spaulding outfit and makeup, I don’t see an issue with local law enforcement being notified. I would especially be okay with it if immigration reform got rolled into the same bill so there was a good trade involved.

Right but let’s say facebooks software does see all those things. What can law enforcement do that’s constitutional? That’s the hard part.
    I get it. I do. But what is being done with our data by Facebook,google and others is kinda disturbing. While not illegal I think it should be.
    I won’t even get into elections and Cambridge analytica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Right but let’s say facebooks software does see all those things. What can law enforcement do that’s constitutional? That’s the hard part.
    I get it. I do. But what is being done with our data by Facebook,google and others is kinda disturbing. While not illegal I think it should be.
    I won’t even get into elections and Cambridge analytica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree entirely, my take is that social media is the town square of the digital age. People can opt in, people can opt out. I don’t see why this should be handled any differently than if the village crazy starting buying up fertilizer and diesel while mumbling up and down Main Street about pizzagate.

I also think that social media companies need to clamp down hard on calls to violence. There were tons of people who called for more violence after the ICE firebombing, they should be removed from social media and prosecuted where it reached that level.

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    So most internet based advertisement and FB AI looks for key words to base its ads to targeted users. So if your browser doesn't have ad blockers or privacy settings it builds a log of the things your most likely to visit. So find a good private browser and dont post concerning comments.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You want to see something crazy, watch this.

https://youtu.be/UPLQNUVmq3o

Know thy enemy. My enemy is apparently incapable of functioning in a modestly noisy environment. They can’t handle aggressive smells (whatever the hell that means). They don’t like pronouns and gender specific language.

If there does come a day that revolution does take place and we take up guns against each other, I prey this collective group of limp-twisted children are the ones I have to fight.
    :dogkeke:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So most internet based advertisement and FB AI looks for key words to base its ads to targeted users. So if your browser doesn't have ad blockers or privacy settings it builds a log of the things your most likely to visit. So find a good private browser and dont post concerning comments.

Again words like concerning are subjective. To some telling others to use a private browser may seem concerning. To most it’s sound advice.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The problem I have is what I am sure most have with these type of laws.
    Anyone can just say he has X amount of pistols, rifles ammo and even bulk powder.
    He is a,danger take it away.
    He did or said whatever.
    So he is guilty because I say so.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The problem I have is what I am sure most have with these type of laws.
    Anyone can just say he has X amount of pistols, rifles ammo and even bulk powder.
    He is a,danger take it away.
    He did or said whatever.
    So he is guilty because I say so.

SUPPOSEDLY.....there will be some form of due process included.....

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    31 minutes long boys and girls,Dude has some valid points,He also speaks of data points on every single evangelical christian in the US,All 250 million of us,Are you ready?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebAQg6YG1nw
    The guy says a lot about impending civil war, but nearly every point he mentions only points to anarchy, complete and utter civil unrest. The only truly plausible scenario for a civil war here in the US would be an uprising against the federal government, which could indeed happen, but that’s not really how he is spinning it. His interpretation sounds more like a free for all. He should research the history of the American Civil War (as history is likely to repeat itself) and work on a theory that entails what is happening between civilians and the police state to start, then perhaps state and local governments vs the Feds.

Also, his statement about whites becoming the minority at 49% is ludicrous. Does he mean to say that Asian, black, Hispanic, middle eastern, and every other skin tone are classified as the other group that makes the majority? Am I the only person who ever gets that? I’m sorry, but if the nation’s population is 49% white then that means there are more white people than any other race or color. Or is it really just white and non white? Because if it is people should be able to plainly see that they’re being herded by some entity.
    I’m glad to say that although many would like to see some race wars in this country, that won’t be the civil war they’re expecting. Canadians....SMH

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The guy says a lot about impending civil war, but nearly every point he mentions only points to anarchy, complete and utter civil unrest. The only truly plausible scenario for a civil war here in the US would be an uprising against the federal government, which could indeed happen, but that’s not really how he is spinning it. His interpretation sounds more like a free for all. He should research the history of the American Civil War (as history is likely to repeat itself) and work on a theory that entails what is happening between civilians and the police state to start, then perhaps state and local governments vs the Feds.

I think that it depends on how you’d define a civil war. If you look at it as near universal involvement dividing the country into two opposing factions, not gonna happen. If you look at it as a couple of insurgencies by groups doing small scale political violence to attempt to advance their agendas for sure. As an example, would you consider 0.1% of the population actively attacking ICE facilities, political opponents, and law enforcement to be a civil war? If so, I’d say we are already there in terms of low to moderate level violence and the far left keeps getting crazier.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think that it depends on how you’d define a civil war. If you look at it as near universal involvement dividing the country into two opposing factions, not gonna happen. If you look at it as a couple of insurgencies by groups doing small scale political violence to attempt to advance their agendas for sure. As an example, would you consider 0.1% of the population actively attacking ICE facilities, political opponents, and law enforcement to be a civil war? If so, I’d say we are already there in terms of low to moderate level violence and the far left keeps getting crazier.

Anarchy

I believe there are people of position that would like to tout such activity as ‘civil war’ and divide the citizenry of this country any way possible, by race, tax payers and recipients, Republican and Democrat , gay and straight, etc., but it’s not even close.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Also, his statement about whites becoming the minority at 49% is ludicrous. Does he mean to say that Asian, black, Hispanic, middle eastern, and every other skin tone are classified as the other group that makes the majority? Am I the only person who ever gets that? I’m sorry, but if the nation’s population is 49% white then that means there are more white people than any other race or color. Or is it really just white and non white? Because if it is people should be able to plainly see that they’re being herded by some entity.
    I’m glad to say that although many would like to see some race wars in this country, that won’t be the civil war they’re expecting. Canadians....SMH

Just stack it deep....You know,2 weeks worth like Flea-ma say's to do,I'd throw in some shiny brass thing-a-jig thingy s just for good luck

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    SUPPOSEDLY.....there will be some form of due process included.....
    Yep and I was supposed to be able to keep my doctor. And Clinton didn’t have sex not even once. And I read his lips and there were new taxes. So...:madfawk: politicians they all lie.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom