More Red Flag Laws, Watch what you say on social media.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I was wrong about Captain Feathersword. I met him and voted for him. I’ve sent emails and haven’t received any reply. It won’t happen again. The TAPS act is worse than the red flag. People should start sending tap shoes to him that he can wear on his way out after the next election.

SemperTy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    Slidell
    I never really had any social media. I guess this and YouTube is about it. My wife tries to show me stuff on Facebook but it just ticks me off. I guess I’d get banned if I had my own.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "A well regulated militia....."

I have a hard time believing that there exists no concrete records, writings, drafts, scribble's or whimsy's, from the Founders about their absolute intent here. So let's take it from where we are now. If "We the People" who arm ourselves, are "the" Militia regarded, than what regulation can't be applied? I would say other than denying us actual functioning firearms, a case can be made that all this crap that is being bantered about is as acceptable in this current time, as the evolution of firearms has brought us AR's (possibly the perfect weapon for our defense against tyranny).

Can we really expect that there should be no regulation on our "Militia" or "The Militia's Guns?" It's written on the actual original Constitution.

I think the intent is crystal clear; elect people that will uphold your views and values. And, while a Constitutional Right is an absolute Right, it can't be construed that there should be no limits. What is taking place is not regulation in the spirit of the Constitution when democrats start their BS. They are clearly out to disarm the populace. They are clearly the enemy of the "Free State!" Nonetheless, these whack jobs with mental deficiencies have to be dealt with or the American people are going to be coerced into believing the rhetoric on the left.

So, let's understand that "something" has to be done! If these morons keep killing innocent people with guns, particularly "scary" looking black guns; you will see a shift, and it won't be in the direction we want.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    "A well regulated militia....."

I have a hard time believing that there exists no concrete records, writings, drafts, scribble's or whimsy's, from the Founders about their absolute intent here. So let's take it from where we are now. If "We the People" who arm ourselves, are "the" Militia regarded, than what regulation can't be applied? I would say other than denying us actual functioning firearms, a case can be made that all this crap that is being bantered about is as acceptable in this current time, as the evolution of firearms has brought us AR's (possibly the perfect weapon for our defense against tyranny).

Can we really expect that there should be no regulation on our "Militia" or "The Militia's Guns?" It's written on the actual original Constitution.

I think the intent is crystal clear; elect people that will uphold your views and values. And, while a Constitutional Right is an absolute Right, it can't be construed that there should be no limits. What is taking place is not regulation in the spirit of the Constitution when democrats start their BS. They are clearly out to disarm the populace. They are clearly the enemy of the "Free State!" Nonetheless, these whack jobs with mental deficiencies have to be dealt with or the American people are going to be coerced into believing the rhetoric on the left.

So, let's understand that "something" has to be done! If these morons keep killing innocent people with guns, particularly "scary" looking black guns; you will see a shift, and it won't be in the direction we want.

I think this is a bone of contention for many. The word regulated is used but I don’t believe it’s intended use is the same as we use it today. The ‘Regulars’ were the king’s standing army. There were other divisions of the Royal military but the regulars were the force that by in large resembled our National Guard. Often referred to as our modern day militia. I believe what Thomas Jefferson was saying had more to do with training and equipping the masses to maintain peace and prosperity. The Founders repeatedly made note that a standing army would be a threat to the people and their freedoms. So in order to guarantee freedom we needed citizen soldiers to be armed and ready to stand in that gap. The militia was supposed to report to local leaders (usually the sheriff) in times of need.

We have strayed pretty far from that concept, and now our biggest threat to ‘the people’ is the standing armies who may be forced to enforce unconstitutional laws passed by the criminals in the capitals both state and federal.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think this is a bone of contention for many. The word regulated is used but I don’t believe it’s intended use is the same as we use it today. The ‘Regulars’ were the king’s standing army. There were other divisions of the Royal military but the regulars were the force that by in large resembled our National Guard. Often referred to as our modern day militia. I believe what Thomas Jefferson was saying had more to do with training and equipping the masses to maintain peace and prosperity. The Founders repeatedly made note that a standing army would be a threat to the people and their freedoms. So in order to guarantee freedom we needed citizen soldiers to be armed and ready to stand in that gap. The militia was supposed to report to local leaders (usually the sheriff) in times of need.

We have strayed pretty far from that concept, and now our biggest threat to ‘the people’ is the standing armies who may be forced to enforce unconstitutional laws passed by the criminals in the capitals both state and federal.

It is hard for me to believe that true Americans will ever follow orders to confiscate guns if they themselves believe them (the orders), to be illegal. Aside from that, we have elected leaders overtly breaking federal laws and promoting the illegal activities. Look at the leaders of sanctuary cities. They refuse to enforce federal law. Look at the alleged criminals of the deep state bureaucracies. Evidence is pointing to a coup attempt. Look at the leaders advocating no punishment for antifa law breakers.

You want me to believe that this government will issue a just law that strips the US of a Constitutional Right that disarms the citizenry, and it will be followed by both enforcement agencies and citizens? Ain't happening!

If anything, I believe these democrats are actually promoting a civil insurrection, but are just too stupid to understand there is a line and a tipping point. I'll say it again, where do these America haters think they will shelter and hide if the fan hits the ****?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    It is hard for me to believe that true Americans will ever follow orders to confiscate guns if they themselves believe them (the orders), to be illegal. Aside from that, we have elected leaders overtly breaking federal laws and promoting the illegal activities. Look at the leaders of sanctuary cities. They refuse to enforce federal law. Look at the alleged criminals of the deep state bureaucracies. Evidence is pointing to a coup attempt. Look at the leaders advocating no punishment for antifa law breakers.

You want me to believe that this government will issue a just law that strips the US of a Constitutional Right that disarms the citizenry, and it will be followed by both enforcement agencies and citizens? Ain't happening!

If anything, I believe these democrats are actually promoting a civil insurrection, but are just too stupid to understand there is a line and a tipping point. I'll say it again, where do these America haters think they will shelter and hide if the fan hits the ****?
    Emperor I really hope and pray what you believe is true. But because of the crazy places that will not enforce our laws lead me to believe there will be many enforcement personnel standing in line and willing to follow the orders handed down. No all but enough to make things very ugly very quickly. I really hope it never comes to that. When I look at the trajectory we are on as a nation it just seems that exactly where the destination is.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Its already happened multiple times in the country. It’s a matter of perspective. Look at the states who already have enacted unconstitutional laws. For so many people the 2A isn’t a right. It’s not a right to me it’s my responsibility. But for others it’s a privilege.

Look at the 14A; Driving has been deemed as a privilege, but you can’t travel very far without driving or being driven. Also having ID in public is a requirement in most places now.

My point is give it time our rights and freedoms are dieing a death by a thousand cuts. The 2A is just one Generation from total lose if nothing changes

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Emperor I really hope and pray what you believe is true. But because of the crazy places that will not enforce our laws lead me to believe there will be many enforcement personnel standing in line and willing to follow the orders handed down. No all but enough to make things very ugly very quickly. I really hope it never comes to that. When I look at the trajectory we are on as a nation it just seems that exactly where the destination is.

Its already happened multiple times in the country. It’s a matter of perspective. Look at the states who already have enacted unconstitutional laws. For so many people the 2A isn’t a right. It’s not a right to me it’s my responsibility. But for others it’s a privilege.

Look at the 14A; Driving has been deemed as a privilege, but you can’t travel very far without driving or being driven. Also having ID in public is a requirement in most places now.

My point is give it time our rights and freedoms are dieing a death by a thousand cuts. The 2A is just one Generation from total lose if nothing changes

I will give you both some hope. If China crushes the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong like they did in Tianimin Square (by shooting and killing them; not to mention running them over with tanks and trucks), and the Western Hemisphere and All nations of Europe and Asia (other than Russia, and a few worthless theocracies and dictatorships), don't stand united at soundly rebuking and isolating the Chinese leaders into ouster, I would be shocked. The people of Hong Kong were promised a stand alone democracy would remain after the British transfer. It was well established and written into the treaty. If that agreement can be swept away just because, then we can pretty much kiss everything else good bye.

If they don't stand against it, it doesn't bode well for us.

As a side note, you see how the Chinese Communists (the real ones over there), are labeling the pro-freedom protestors terrorists? Sounds like these scumbag democrats over here! These Chinese in Hong Kong are backed in the corner. It's do or die time for them. Sadly, they are unarmed too! But at least they are willing.

BTW, Bang; driving is a privilege here because cars were not yet invented during the drafting of the Constitution, but you are free to roam the country on a horse or afoot. The Supreme Court has ruled that an ID is NOT a mandate, but you need an ID to vote?!? The states that have enacted "Unconstitutional" laws as you say, get overturned in time; or they are not "Unconstitutional."

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Well hopefully in the future after fighting in the courts we will be able to own our very own nuclear weapon. Things are looking up already. Lol

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I will give you both some hope. If China crushes the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong like they did in Tianimin Square (by shooting and killing them; not to mention running them over with tanks and trucks), and the Western Hemisphere and All nations of Europe and Asia (other than Russia, and a few worthless theocracies and dictatorships), don't stand united at soundly rebuking and isolating the Chinese leaders into ouster, I would be shocked. The people of Hong Kong were promised a stand alone democracy would remain after the British transfer. It was well established and written into the treaty. If that agreement can be swept away just because, then we can pretty much kiss everything else good bye.

If they don't stand against it, it doesn't bode well for us.

As a side note, you see how the Chinese Communists (the real ones over there), are labeling the pro-freedom protestors terrorists? Sounds like these scumbag democrats over here! These Chinese in Hong Kong are backed in the corner. It's do or die time for them. Sadly, they are unarmed too! But at least they are willing.

BTW, Bang; driving is a privilege here because cars were not yet invented during the drafting of the Constitution, but you are free to roam the country on a horse or afoot. The Supreme Court has ruled that an ID is NOT a mandate, but you need an ID to vote?!? The states that have enacted "Unconstitutional" laws as you say, get overturned in time; or they are not "Unconstitutional."

By that logic AR15s weren’t invented then either. Cars and AR15s are both a means to exercise a right not an actual right. See how easy that is?

Pick your favorite state and just go to walking along highways eventually you will be stopped. Then be the guy walking with no ID and see how interesting things get. Take it one step further and exercise your 2A. You could be a YouTube sensation. While you legally don’t have to carry ID most states require you to identify yourself when stopped. Without a ‘government sanctioned ID’ that could be a problem.

SemperTy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    Slidell
    So does anyone else think that letting the government "fix" the problem of mass shooters only encourages more of the same problem?
    Or put another way. Is the government only doing those things that actually end up causing the same activity in the long run? (empty out the mental hospitals, release the criminals, get kids hooked on prescription meds that alter their personalities, etc.) Then just sit back and point to problems that you and your colleagues created in the first place, to propose solutions to fix. Now I did it I sound like a total lunatic on a gun forum. Ooopsie

SemperTy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    Slidell
    Maybe starting a massive war would help in getting people off balance in this country and focused in a war posture. This would give more power to the federal government and encourage the left and right to focus to a common goal of national unity. If only there was a rallying cry or a large event that took place that would make this possible. Not a conspiracy theorist. Just asking questions to provoke some thought.

Top Bottom