More Red Flag Laws, Watch what you say on social media.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Anarchy

I believe there are people of position that would like to tout such activity as ‘civil war’ and divide the citizenry of this country any way possible, by race, tax payers and recipients, Republican and Democrat , gay and straight, etc., but it’s not even close.

Where is the line then, between anarchy and civil war?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Where is the line then, between anarchy and civil war?

Historically this country did Civil war much different than most countries. Typically you see organized factions but not state governments joining together to form an new union and fight against a group of similar actors. So I could see how the verbiage would bring the kind of response that Magdump pointed out. The deal is most revolutions and revolts could be defined as a civil war. The division in this country propitiated by politicians are far worst than historical accounts, but loyalties State or homeland are not remotely close to what they where during the American Civil War. Many Scholars know Lincoln wanted General Lee to be the Union General but his loyalties fell to his state first. Grant and Lee were great friends. As punishment for siding with his home state they made his estate a national cemetery. Many know it as Arlington.

But there are no real loyalties to our place of residence or homeland we are so divided it’s impossible to have any semblance of cohesion in individual states.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Historically this country did Civil war much different than most countries. Typically you see organized factions but not state governments joining together to form an new union and fight against a group of similar actors. So I could see how the verbiage would bring the kind of response that Magdump pointed out. The deal is most revolutions and revolts could be defined as a civil war. The division in this country propitiated by politicians are far worst than historical accounts, but loyalties State or homeland are not remotely close to what they where during the American Civil War. Many Scholars know Lincoln wanted General Lee to be the Union General but his loyalties fell to his state first. Grant and Lee were great friends. As punishment for siding with his home state they made his estate a national cemetery. Many know it as Arlington.

But there are no real loyalties to our place of residence or homeland we are so divided it’s impossible to have any semblance of cohesion in individual states.

That’s why I’m asking, because I don’t think we will see anything comparable to the American civil war, but it almost seems inevitable that the radicalization of the left will continue moving forward until something hits a breaking point. It’s also clear that leftists are basically forming their own secular religion, complete with science denial, doomsday clocks, language requirements, and strange rituals. If you keep telling fanatical nutjobs the world is going to end in 12 years, they’ll start acting in crisis mode. Healthcare changes are going to kill your parents makes the crazies shoot up congressmen. Concentration camps on the border make crazies firebomb ICE facilities. Trump, all of his supporters, and anyone from Tulsi Gabbard and right want to exterminate immigrants, are Nazis, and are Russian puppets.....

Where do you see this going if not to some sort of civil war?

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    There will be no civil war. That is something pushed by people who don’t know any better. Most of these people dress up like SEAL team 6 when they go to the range, but are so out of shape they couldn’t hump a canteen of water for any distance let alone body armor and ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The war between the states is and was a war against Northern Aggression

I enjoy using this line.

An interesting point worth discussing though is many states who seceded from the Union came into the Union by purchase or conquest. Playing the white devils advocate (the Lord knows we miss you John Walton), should those state have the same rights that States who willingly joined the union? I mean The Louisiana purchase was in fact the US buying the ground we live on from France, and if the rest of the states bought those territories wouldn’t they own our state?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    There will be no civil war. That is something pushed by people who don’t know any better. Most of these people dress up like SEAL team 6 when they go to the range, but are so out of shape they couldn’t hump a canteen of water for any distance let alone body armor and ammo.

I don’t agree. I agree if one takes place it will look more like Iraq or even to some degree the Revolutionary war. Like every war the winners right the history. If the outcome of the revolutionary war was different it would be called the war of colonial aggression.

Paraphrasing Franklin, there’s no such thing as a good war or a bad peace.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Perhaps some sort of "Balkinization" instead? I don't a see weakened Fed any time soon though.

I don’t see Balkanization either. I think it would be much more likely to be a tyrannical active minority influencing politics negatively, but any division of the country doesn’t hold water. Most of the political differences(generally) fall on lines of population density, so dividing the country into a sort of blue archipelago within the rural red doesn’t make sense.

Last edited:

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Sad but there is alot of truth in this

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

This is why I think establishing definitions for generally gray area terms is useful. Where do you think the line is between civil unrest and civil war? Again, I don’t think some massive conflict is coming, but if Trump wins in 2020 I would put money on there being large scale violence and rioting on the west coast. The crazy that firebombed ICE was praised and called a martyr by a lot of people on the far left. Portland, Berkeley, Tacoma, etc are going to get rough.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    This is why I think establishing definitions for generally gray area terms is useful. Where do you think the line is between civil unrest and civil war? Again, I don’t think some massive conflict is coming, but if Trump wins in 2020 I would put money on there being large scale violence and rioting on the west coast. The crazy that firebombed ICE was praised and called a martyr by a lot of people on the far left. Portland, Berkeley, Tacoma, etc are going to get rough.

New Orleans? Shreveport?

DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I kept hearing talk of "intensifying" background checks. This leads me to think Congress will try to circumvent the current HIPPA laws which prevent law enforcement, or anyone, from securing info about a person's medical/psychiatric history.
    I also fear a special ammo tax will be started in the future.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not so grey as one might think, but the trickery of modern media does indeed cause many people to believe definitions change or that the Mandela effect is real...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_war

And then there’s:

a6007f1e48c5037596c2e6a9f6e25565.jpg

96973bfd4ec3bcd41a1f0c30167c67ff.jpg

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Not so grey as one might think, but the trickery of modern media does indeed cause many people to believe definitions change or that the Mandela effect is real...

And then there’s:

a6007f1e48c5037596c2e6a9f6e25565.jpg

96973bfd4ec3bcd41a1f0c30167c67ff.jpg

I think we are getting off track here folks. Anarchy is often created as a tactic to change who is in control by both foreign and domestic actors. The real defining factor of civil war is pretty basic ‘is the threat from within?’ That said, foreign actors often use domestic groups to fight proxy wars.

I would like to point that regardless of who is the dominant force, guerrilla warfare is the scourge of modern civilization, and it has really made a big difference between winning a war and not losing a war. Insurgents don’t need tanks and planes or even SEAL teams to be effective at crippling a country. Look at Iraq pre Obutthole. The insurgents often found their way into powerful positions in the new Iraqi government. They also hid in plan sight as civilians. They effectively kept a country who was trying to move forward and rebuild in turmoil.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

I think you might want to read that entire Wikipedia article you’re highlighting, I’m sure it goes in depth on differing criteria between experts in relation to if the government is involved, number of deaths, etc.

The word fast also has a definition, but if I say a car is going fast it doesn’t relate to a specific speed. Civil war is the same to me.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think we are getting off track here folks. Anarchy is often created as a tactic to change who is in control by both foreign and domestic actors. The real defining factor of civil war is pretty basic ‘is the threat from within?’ That said, foreign actors often use domestic groups to fight proxy wars.

I would like to point that regardless of who is the dominant force, guerrilla warfare is the scourge of modern civilization, and it has really made a big difference between winning a war and not losing a war. Insurgents don’t need tanks and planes or even SEAL teams to be effective at crippling a country. Look at Iraq pre Obutthole. The insurgents often found their way into powerful positions in the new Iraqi government. They also hid in plan sight as civilians. They effectively kept a country who was trying to move forward and rebuild in turmoil.

Even economic loss from annoyances like blocking traffic can add up quickly. If a group of protesters clogged up the causeway it would end up costing a ton of money in lost productivity for everyone involved in the delays.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Even economic loss from annoyances like blocking traffic can add up quickly. If a group of protesters clogged up the causeway it would end up costing a ton of money in lost productivity for everyone involved in the delays.

Lol,Man up and throw their dumb asses over the side....Crabs gotta eat to!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom