Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    Don't say stupid crap on the net and ya OK
    But the picture in your sig disturbs me. I worry you aren’t fit to have weapons...

See how dangerous subject decision-making is when it involves your rights.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; August 6th, 2019 at 05:50 AM.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

You want to see something crazy, watch this.

https://youtu.be/UPLQNUVmq3o

Marksman

User Info Menu

All the concern right now makes about as much sense as talking about how good *a sandwich* is. We don’t know if it’s a shit sandwich, a subway sandwich, Jimmy jons, or some hipster made artisan avocado club thing. Right now they’re talking ultra vague policy prescriptions that could be good or could be bad.

I do know that Facebook’s ad targeting is insanely good. They’re able to tell what emotions people are feeling and when, based on a user giving enough input. It’s good enough people often see something they want at the store, but don’t buy, then come home and see it in a targeted ad. If Facebook notices some dude just got dumped, started posting about Satan, panic at the disco, recent mass shootings, anarchoenvironmentalism, liberating folks from border concentration camps, and posting pictures with his brand new AR-15 while wearing his Captain Spaulding outfit and makeup, I don’t see an issue with local law enforcement being notified. I would especially be okay with it if immigration reform got rolled into the same bill so there was a good trade involved.
    Last edited by Jack; August 6th, 2019 at 06:34 AM.

Free Candy!

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I, for one, welcome our new AI robot intel based overlords.

كـافر

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    All the concern right now makes about as much sense as talking about how good *a sandwich* is. We donít know if itís a shit sandwich, a subway sandwich, Jimmy jons, or some hipster made artisan avocado club thing. Right now theyíre talking ultra vague policy prescriptions that could be good or could be bad.

I do know that Facebookís ad targeting is insanely good. Theyíre able to tell what emotions people are feeling and when, based on a user giving enough input. Itís good enough people often see something they want at the store, but donít buy, then come home and see it in a targeted ad. If Facebook notices some dude just got dumped, started posting about Satan, panic at the disco, recent mass shootings, anarchoenvironmentalism, liberating folks from border concentration camps, and posting pictures with his brand new AR-15 while wearing his Captain Spaulding outfit and makeup, I donít see an issue with local law enforcement being notified. I would especially be okay with it if immigration reform got rolled into the same bill so there was a good trade involved.
    Right but letís say facebooks software does see all those things. What can law enforcement do thatís constitutional? Thatís the hard part.
    I get it. I do. But what is being done with our data by Facebook,google and others is kinda disturbing. While not illegal I think it should be.
    I wonít even get into elections and Cambridge analytica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandman7925 View Post
    Right but let’s say facebooks software does see all those things. What can law enforcement do that’s constitutional? That’s the hard part.
    I get it. I do. But what is being done with our data by Facebook,google and others is kinda disturbing. While not illegal I think it should be.
    I won’t even get into elections and Cambridge analytica.

I agree entirely, my take is that social media is the town square of the digital age. People can opt in, people can opt out. I don’t see why this should be handled any differently than if the village crazy starting buying up fertilizer and diesel while mumbling up and down Main Street about pizzagate.

I also think that social media companies need to clamp down hard on calls to violence. There were tons of people who called for more violence after the ICE firebombing, they should be removed from social media and prosecuted where it reached that level.

On Target

User Info Menu

So most internet based advertisement and FB AI looks for key words to base its ads to targeted users. So if your browser doesn't have ad blockers or privacy settings it builds a log of the things your most likely to visit. So find a good private browser and dont post concerning comments.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post

Know thy enemy. My enemy is apparently incapable of functioning in a modestly noisy environment. They can’t handle aggressive smells (whatever the hell that means). They don’t like pronouns and gender specific language.

If there does come a day that revolution does take place and we take up guns against each other, I prey this collective group of limp-twisted children are the ones I have to fight.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten View Post
    So most internet based advertisement and FB AI looks for key words to base its ads to targeted users. So if your browser doesn't have ad blockers or privacy settings it builds a log of the things your most likely to visit. So find a good private browser and dont post concerning comments.
    Again words like concerning are subjective. To some telling others to use a private browser may seem concerning. To most it’s sound advice.

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post

I laughed but itís really not funny.