SOLD: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Project vehicle $1000 - make offer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I have for sale an 05 Jeep Cherokee that I bought here on BS a while back. We drove it for 2-3 months and the number 8 cylinder lost compression. No fault of the guy I bought it from... Just has a known issue with these engines. So it needs repair work or a new engine.

I'm not in a spot to work on it or wanting to spend any more $$ on it to replace the motor so I'm selling it AS IS just to get it gone. Keep in mind I'm not a mechanic (Nor do I play one on tv) but I believe one of the rocker arms popped off as it is a common thing with this particular engine. I cannot promise thats all it is or even that it is the correct issue. What is known for sure is that it has no compression on the #8 cylinder.

It was running when I parked it at my house. Very rough obviously but running. Its been sitting up for a couple months now. Again selling it AS IS with undetermined engine repair needed, no warranties.

UPDATE 9/13
    It has developed a rain leakage from the sun roof. It’s a drain tube that goes down the right pillar. It’s a common problem and there are YouTube vids on how to fix it. I’ve no desire to fix it. Just want to get it out of the yard.

Details are:
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    4.7 V8 Engine
    2WD
    150k miles
    Good condition inside and out

KBB value was around $4200-$4400

Im asking $1200 - Would consider trades like an ATV or side x side. Located in Central/Greenwell Springs

Serious Inquiries Only Tire kickers don't bother.

The original ad here on BS
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?178469-05-JEEP-Grand-Cherokee&highlight=

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Bump and price drop. $1200

Added new info

It has developed a rain leakage from the sun roof. It’s a drain tube that goes down the right pillar. It’s a common problem and there are YouTube vids on how to fix it. I’ve no desire to fix it. Just want to get it out of the yard.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom