Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    On Target

User Info Menu

Walmart Springfield, Mo

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Hea...528602951.html

Open carry vs inciting fear where does one cross the line? The liberals are trying to take my guns, we don't need this guys help.

Marksman

User Info Menu

When Walmart bans ccw where will the people go for their first trip wearing a concealed gun? What a fool.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

On Target

User Info Menu

The left is upping their game.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Just talked about this with a guy at work. People are stupid. While I understand the guys logic, that’s like trying to desensitize a dog to loud noises with fireworks.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by andysteb View Post
    https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Hea...528602951.html

Open carry vs inciting fear where does one cross the line? The liberals are trying to take my guns, we don't need this guys help.
    "Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone."

"Police say the man then made his way out an emergency exit where a former firefighter held the man at gunpoint."

I would say the line is drawn when your intention is to incite fear. People don't usually walk around filming people unless they feel the people are worth filming. That would suggest he geared up to cause a reaction in others rather than as a normal part of his day. And making his way out the emergency exit would help show his actions were other than what a reasonable person would consider normal. It suggests he was trying to get away rather than simply trying to exit the store.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    "Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone."

"Police say the man then made his way out an emergency exit where a former firefighter held the man at gunpoint."

I would say the line is drawn when your intention is to incite fear. People don't usually walk around filming people unless they feel the people are worth filming. That would suggest he geared up to cause a reaction in others rather than as a normal part of his day. And making his way out the emergency exit would help show his actions were other than what a reasonable person would consider normal. It suggests he was trying to get away rather than simply trying to exit the store.
    I'd vote they heavily lay the law on this guy for inciting fear and whatever else they can find.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yup. It looks like he did this to see what would happen and is now going to pay for it.
    But with all the shootings taking place how long will it be before average people start wearing body armor for personal protection on a daily basis. Heck, now you can buy a backpack for yourself or kid that has a panel in it to stop handgun rounds because of the school shootings.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post

White devils advocate here... if you are dumb enough to think this behavior is a good idea, and the whole store is being evacuating, using the emergency exit probably seems reasonable.

Its my belief this knucklehead had intended to be one of those idiots who film themselves getting the police called on him, trying to make a point that guns are legal and it’s ‘muh rites’.

Now I think the guy is an absolute moron and shouldn’t have pulled such a crazy stunt but I don’t think fear was his motive. I think he was hoping to sho people it’s not the gun that you should be afraid of. Having said that I don't know the guy and haven’t attempted to find a YouTube channel which I sure he has. Nor do I endorse this sort of dangerous behavior.

Marksman

User Info Menu

He really should have the book thrown at him for aggravated stupidity. If he had a ccw by a slim chance, it should be revoked.

Why after the past weekend is he trying to get his 15 minutes of fame
    Last edited by Moondew; August 9th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

im kinda on both sides the fence here...

while I agree now is not the time or place to be doing this with current incidents, I also agree with the open carry law.. The law is the law, if we bend on allowing the law to tell us what we cant do within our rights or muzzle us on the law and over step there boundaries where does it stop...

For the first time in my life I work for a union and have for about 7 years now.. Can I tell you they got some political crap with them...lol.. But the main thing I have learned is my contract!!!! that's the only thing that saves me and my fellow coworkers from the company implementing changes and punishment on us that isn't worthy or justified just because of personal decisions/options ect...

some of the things I have learned that if you
    "EVER GIVE SOMETHING UP, YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET IT BACK"
    talking about contract agreements

"PAST PRACTICES"
    meaning if you do it once or allow them to do it once, without and issue or grievance filed. you don't have a leg to stand on for future contract violations because of allowing it before

again im not saying hes right in his timing or action, but we live in a free world(or supposed to be), If I wanna make a statement right now or do something to see what kinda reaction I would get,as long as I don't break the law, my rights as a citizen allow that... his wardrobe is legal, the only reason he exited the emergency exit was because the manager pulled the fire alarm, the only thing I see is if he sholdered that pistol with a brace....now if he was asked to leave and refused or something like that I would say he was in the wrong also
    Last edited by Bigchillin83; August 9th, 2019 at 12:37 PM.